1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Droid 3 UNLOCK GOES TO BACKUP ASSITANT

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adequatefever, Jul 31, 2011.

1. adequatefever

adequatefever Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    everytime i unlock my droid 3 instead of going to the home screen it goes directly to the back up assistant screen. ITS FRIGGIN PISSIN ME OFF> i would like to know how to fix this or just completely stop using backup assist all together. HELP!!!

Advertisement

2. pbwhite

pbwhite Member
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    This doesn't solve the issue, but given that Google/Android syncs your phone book/contacts to the cloud already, what purpose does using backup assistant have with this phone?

3. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    PC Technician
    Richmond, VA
    Some people haven't made the jump from dumbphone to smartphone yet, so they still need to include it for those people.

And also, this is Verizon we're talking about, they need all the bloatware they can think of.

4. pbwhite

pbwhite Member
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    Ahh...so it actually does allow you to transfer contact info from dumbphone to Droid?

So, once that's accomplished, the service should be terminated.

5. Ricochet

Ricochet Member
    None

Jan 5, 2010
    In some cases (for me, at least), Backup Assistant doubled up some of my contacts, which were then auto-mergedwith their Google counterparts.

This results in an unwanted duplication of a subset of them, which then doubly display their Addresses, Birthday, Notes, etc. on viewing. And it's very tedious to Split them apart, carefully delete the correct (BA) record, and then, in some cases, reunite Google & FB records. Hoping there's an easier way.

I never had this app on my OG Droid, and certainly didn't plan to activate it on my Droid 3. Not amused. :mad: