• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid 3 Wallpaper change

2 questions in one;
while surfing the net once in a while, my homescreen wallpaper will unknowingly to me,
Change to an image I was looking at? How and why does that happen that it obfuscates
my wallscreen?
2nd part; the image that is now my wallpaper, until I change it again, is that stored somewhere? I have looked all over my photo albums, my downloads, etc. And I have never found any of the images that picked my DROID wallpaper?
Help please, and thank you. Please, I am a dunce, if there are any directions to be followed, please, please, make them for an idiot to follow... that would be me... step by step.

I believe that the wallpaper is stored somewhere on the phone's internal /data partition. Unfortunately, unless you are rooted, I think that the /data partition is not exposed (though it may be through the adb utility if you have the Android SDK installed.)

I have had issues with the stock launcher switching from my chosen, custom wallpaper back to the stock Motorola wallpaper (which is annoying). I use Dolphin HD browser rather than the stock browser so I have never had your problem happen with my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones