• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid 3g data issues

72g

Lurker
Feb 26, 2010
Long story short. Having repeated issue with lost data connection. did it last week when traveled to hampton va., phone rep reset something in his computer and instantly came back on. this week it has gone off a couple times and today sometimes airplane offon, soft rest, or remove battery would fix. lost connection this morning wasted hr on phone with rep. he only wanted to do hard reset. i have since been on wifi until it slowed to crawl, got mad turned phone off and back on and 3g is back!!!???. has this been a verizon issue or i something wrong with phone. when it works it does what it should and kicks blackberry #** but when it doesnt it sucks.

Long story short. Having repeated issue with lost data connection. did it last week when traveled to hampton va., phone rep reset something in his computer and instantly came back on. this week it has gone off a couple times and today sometimes airplane offon, soft rest, or remove battery would fix. lost connection this morning wasted hr on phone with rep. he only wanted to do hard reset. i have since been on wifi until it slowed to crawl, got mad turned phone off and back on and 3g is back!!!???. has this been a verizon issue or i something wrong with phone. when it works it does what it should and kicks blackberry #** but when it doesnt it sucks.

This had been an issue since 2.1 was released. There is a thread around here somewhere that has some really good info in it on how to fix this issue. Search for that thread and there are instructions on how to install the 2.0.1 kernel.

Kratos

Reactions: 72g
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones