• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid 4 Ringtone Problems

I seem to be having a problem with my ringtones. First off I am using a Droid 4, rooted, running the leaked ICS 6.16.213.XT894. I am not using any third party texting applications, to change ringtones I use Settings->Sound->Phone ringtone or Default ringtone

My problem started the other day when I tried to transfer my ringtones, which are .mp3 files to the droid 4. I copied them in the "Ringtones" folder that was already on the internal SD. I did get some of my ringtones to work for phone calls, notifications, and even alarms. The problem is that the "ringtone" files appear on the Phone Ringtone and Notification Ringtone list more than once. Some of them play the correct file others just play a default notification sound.

I have removed all of the .mp3 files from my external and internal SD card. This removed all my files from the Phone Ringtone list when I select a Notification Ringtone the deleted files still appear in duplicates. (I have searched my entire SD card for these files and found nothing) They do not play the correct ringtone when selected they instead play a default notification sound.

I have searched a lot and tried different things to try and get this to work properly other the last few days. But i have not come up with anything to resolve my problem.

I've tried creating a media folder with audio, ringtone, notification, and alarm sub folders because this is how my other androids work, but with no luck. Ive created a ringtones, notification, and alarms folder in the root of the internal SD with no luck as well. I have rebooted counted times and cleared cache in system recovery and using an application.

Could this be a bug in the ICS leak? Or is this something to do with Motorola making it difficult (which i have read complaints from many people)

Thank you in advanced for the help or any input.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones