• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid BAD Custom OS

SmokemyPole88

Jul 23, 2010
Hi I bought a Droid on eBay for $56. But it its running this custom firmware called Succulent Desire v7.0 that doesn't operate correctly.

Can I delete SD 7.0 and Just be Able to run a stock 2.1 or 2.2 Android on the phone?

If yes how do I go about doing this?

I'm new to Android OS.

Hi I bought a Droid on eBay for $56.

Wow, are there any more of these!? I'd buy a cheap, working Droid with a buggy ROM any day.

You can also just download ROM Manager through the Market and download stock Eclair or Froyo through there. But if the current ROM doesn't operate as in you can't even get a data connection, then the SBF method is the easiest way to go.

Upvote 0
Wow, are there any more of these!? I'd buy a cheap, working Droid with a buggy ROM any day.

You can also just download ROM Manager through the Market and download stock Eclair or Froyo through there. But if the current ROM doesn't operate as in you can't even get a data connection, then the SBF method is the easiest way to go.
Well After Shipping it came out $64. But Still It was Cheap. The Droid works but has that Bad ROM and Bad ESN.

But I was reading in the forums about RSD Lite. If I use RSD Lite to Install a Stock FROYO will this replace the buggy rom and delete all of data leaving it like a new droid?

Upvote 0
Well After Shipping it came out $64. But Still It was Cheap. The Droid works but has that Bad ROM and Bad ESN.

But I was reading in the forums about RSD Lite. If I use RSD Lite to Install a Stock FROYO will this replace the buggy rom and delete all of data leaving it like a new droid?

If you flash a different ROM, froyo or whatever... then it will be a clean/virgin installation of that ROM but that only address's the ROM only.

The ESN issue, if any, will still exist because if the ESN is blacklisted, then it will still be blacklisted. I know of two reasons that a ESN gets blacklisted ( there may be others )... If a phone is reported as stolen or if the original owner doesn't fullfill their contract obligation from when they first got the phone.

Upvote 0
If you flash a different ROM, froyo or whatever... then it will be a clean/virgin installation of that ROM but that only address's the ROM only.

The ESN issue, if any, will still exist because if the ESN is blacklisted, then it will still be blacklisted. I know of two reasons that a ESN gets blacklisted ( there may be others )... If a phone is reported as stolen or if the original owner doesn't fullfill their contract obligation from when they first got the phone.
ya the ESN isn't the issue.. I can get on PagePlus or Flash it Metro PCS..

The rom was the issue but now that you say it will be a virgin again then its ok. Wait will I have to set up it like if it was a new phone thou?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones