• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid better than Eris

The Droid has more ram, rom, does not lag near as much. The turn by yurn navigation is nice but has its drawbacks. Other than that, its personal preference. I liked my Eris, I even preferred it as a "phone." You are here, chances are you roam these forums like the rest of us do and undoubtedly there will be all the bass saying "get the Droid," or "stay with the Eris." Do what you want, I switched and am happy with my choice.

Upvote 0
i have the droid and my GF has the eris. i like eris's form factor and the way it feels but the droid is hands down the best smartphone i have ever had. i dont like sense its ok but it just annoys me. like soul said its all about preference but the droid does have more ram, rom and does not lag. im running cyanogen 5.05 its pretty amazing so do what you want either way you cant lose!

Upvote 0
I have an Eris and might be switching to the Droid. Why is the Droid better than my Eris With 2.1 leaked installed? Can the Droid be flashed to a leaked 2.1? PLEASE HELP MIGHT TRADE OUT THIS WEEKEND!!!

Yes, there are leaked versions of the 2.1 update for the Droid and it was leaked some time ago. Many of us have ROMs based on the leaked 2.1 update but your Droid must be rooted to do so.

Upvote 0
Coming from a guy who has had the Eris and now the Droid, I can honestly say it really IS about preference. The only reason i got rid of my Eris is because everone I got was a bad one. (Went through warranty exchange). In my opinion, and I agree with soulfetcher, the Eris IS much better as a PHONE. It's a phone that was built with LOADS of eye candy. Thats part of the reason why it isnt as powerful as the Droid. The Droid was built to show off the power of the Android OS, with the phone functionality thrown in later. why do you think the caller i.d. screen looks so crappy compares to the eris? Bottom line it really is about preference. If i had my choice i would have the Eris for a stabke phone and the Droid for a powerhouse ppc. just my two cents.

Upvote 0
I had the Eris for two weeks and really liked the device. I spent a lot of time researching the differences between it and the Droid, and ultimately decided to exchange it with the Droid during my 30-day window for exchange. I played with the Eris extensively, and have played with the Droid a lot now - definitely go for the Droid.

Upvote 0
Forget both of them, and wait till the HTC EVO is out.

If he's okay with Sprint and not having a hardware keyboard (that second part would just kill it for me), then he should definitely. Otherwise, the Droid is good for now and Verizon will probably start introducing 4G in two years; though knowing Verizon, we'll probably get a 4G WinMo or Blackberry phone way before they even consider an Android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones