1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Droid Bionic and Bluetooth transfer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tom C, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Tom C

Tom C Lurker

Got the Bionic and tried and failed to set it up so i could send files between the phone and my Win7 PC via bluetooth. This worked with my original Droid. I am aware that clicking share via email is just as easy as share via bluetooth on the phone.

I have a mini USB Bluetooth +EDR adapter v2.1 UHE with a Broadcom driver v6.3.5.40.

I can get the PC bluetooth to see the Bionic when i ask the PC to add a device. Get the Bionic to see the passkey sent over from the PC and pair the 2 devices. After that the PC cannot install the phone as a bluetooth peripheral device, except as a standard modem over bluetooth.

Tried the Win7 troubleshoot to install a driver for the Bionic, but this failed.

Any help is appreciated.

Tom

Advertisement

2. MajorTom308

MajorTom308 Newbie

Setup: Win 7 stock BT stack / Azio BTD211 Mini BT Adapter

1. Uninstall the software that came with your adapter and reboot

2. Put your usb adapter in a usb slot

3. Go to Device Manager and make sure under bluetooth radio it says generic bluetooth adapter and microsoft bluetooth enumerator

4. Download from the android market "Bluetooth File Transfer by Medieval Software" its free

5. IMPORTANT Start the app and leave it running in the background.

6. Right click the BT icon in your tray area and select "receive a file" window will open saying waiting for file

7. On the Bionic go to your picture gallery and select one and then select the share option and select bluetooth.

You should now see the file downloading in the window on your computer.

UPLOAD:

1. Right click on BT icon in tray and select "send a file"

2. Select some small file from your computer

You should now see the file uploading to your phone

IMPORTANT: You NEED to familiarize yourself with the app's settings. Especially the default upload directory so you can find the files that you just uploaded from your computer.

There ya go hope that it works out for you.

cruiser86 likes this.
  3. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Android Expert

Mine is working great! Hope you get it worked out. I have a cheapo adapter as well. Works great for pics!

4. Tom C

Tom C Lurker

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately it didn't work.

I deleted the adapter and rebooted. The PC saw the plugged in bluetooth adapter and loaded a generic driver. I opened the BFT app on the phone and then tried to add a bluetooth device to the my PC. The PC saw the Bionic, gave me the correct passkey, and then gave me 4 unsuccessful driver installations, but did get a successful modem installation.

Windows Update recognized the adapter and wanted to install "Broadcom - Bus Controllers and Ports - Bluetooth USB + EDR adapter class 2 v2.1 UHE". I installed it, rebooted, and with this driver got the same error, which is where i started.

Not sure why the original Droid has no problem, but the Bionic does. That seems to be the only difference.

-Tom