• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Bionic and Galaxy S-II for Verizon: Global Ready?

Hi all, I am up for an update in June and will probably be going to school out of the country next year, so a global ready android seems to be the best option for me at the time. Will either of these phones have dual-mode capabilities? LTE is a requirement for me, as my city will have coverage when I return in March, otherwise I would happily buy the Inc 2.

I'm actually a big Apple fan, but playing with my friends Droid Charge the other day, as well as my above dilemma might have convinced me to change (while I haven't ever even owned a smartphone :eek:).

Also, I am trying to find differences between the Bionic and Galaxy. Is there one that comes better equipped than the other, UI's aside?

Also, I am trying to find differences between the Bionic and Galaxy. Is there one that comes better equipped than the other, UI's aside?
There is really no world phones with gsm/cdma/lte in the works nor will be available in a long time. Frequency and technology is simply too fragmented for a solid world phone to be created. With carriers moving to 4g technologies, the markets will only become harder for 1 phone, then easier. Sorry, but that is how the technology works.

The latest bionic stats has it as a solid cmda, and samsung has really gotten out of the dual phone market, think the last one was in 2008.

Personally, I would go to the country you are living in, buy a phone there.

If you insist on getting a new phone before you leave, I would go with the samsung.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones