1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Droid Bionic ARena

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HotDawg, Aug 31, 2011.

1. HotDawg

HotDawg Android Enthusiast

Just wanted to start a thread so anyone playing could tell me all your secrets ...I mean, share information with everyone. :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jestexman

jestexman Android Enthusiast

loading it up now so we shall see what this is all about..

3. LC2ner

LC2ner Lurker

It's not compatible with the Droid Eris. :-(

Guess I have to wait till the wifey gets home with her Incredible.

4. jestexman

Ok i loaded it up.. the contest starts the 4th i guess.. say 85 hrs and counting. It looks like they use your camera on your phone to "build a bionic" i assume it means grab augment "fake" parts by using your camera. Then it will according to the directions send you to within an 8th of a mile from your location to find an entry into a prize...

Here are the directions

Build the Bionic, then once your done, choose hunt from the main screen. Select a prize to track. The center arrow will direct you to where the Ar-rendered prize has been randomly dropped, approx an eighth of a mile from your location. once you are within 100 yards of the prize and can see it, press grab to be entered into the sweepstakes to win it and a Droid Bionic. Each grab counts as an entry for the chance to win.
    You have 30 mins per game to find and grab as many prizes as possible, 4 total per game. Each game starts on the hour or half hour. and you play up to 48 times a day for 4 days.. The first time you grab a prize youll be asked for your FB or Twit and email so we can contact you if you win. you must be 18 and over blah blah blah...

This is from the app itself...

5. MtnbikerChk

MtnbikerChk Android Enthusiast

so far I'm unimpressed.

it rebooted my phone.

6. jestexman

Its funny you say that because as soon as saw this message my phone rebooted too...

7. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert

Make that three reboots.

8. jestexman

I just upgraded my Rom to the newest BB so we will see... So far only the one Reboot for me..

9. HotDawg

Ack! I feel slightly responsible.

I haven't had any but I haven't played with it yet, just opened and closed.

10. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Eh? Arena? What's that?

11. Kikathumper

Kikathumper Lurker

Doesn't work on Moto Droid either :( (although I may be one of the few people to still have one) Come on! of course people with old phones will be trying to win a new one! So disappointing.:(

johnlgalt likes this.
  12. thatguy188

thatguy188 Android Enthusiast

Guys,

Apparently you can also play this game on your computer, however I haven't figured it out (well, haven't found the link yet. If you do, please share).

Straight from their Terms & Conditions:

jroc likes this.
  13. Torgo

Torgo Newbie

Dog-gone-it. I was hoping no one would post this... haha. Oh well.

It doesn't surprise me that they had to make it accessible to people without an Android device, but this just makes it kind of a joke. The person running around and wasting gas is getting the same opportunity to place their name in the sweepstakes as someone who's diddling around at home on their computer... who's really going to go out and do that now? (I mean, I still might do it... once - just to see what it's like).

As far as I can tell, the link will probably be present on their website for the 30 minute game intervals.

14. jroc

jroc Android Expert

We were using Google Maps like crazy for the Droid X1 scavenger hunt early on until we realized they were giving almost exact locations for the phones with later clues. Some wild times then..lol

I'm gonna try to win something this time. With the DX1 hunt I was at work and too far away for the one in DC.

15. AurJohn

AurJohn Well-Known Member

OG Droid O/Clocked to 1.1Ghz, liquid gingerbread v2.4.... Just reboots phone :thinking::(

16. Gskellig

Gskellig Member

17. HotDawg

What? No! That's what I have. Well, crap.

ETA: it did play on my OG Droid, for about three minutes. Then reboot.

18. Gskellig

Gskellig Member

It crashes about 50% of the time on my droidx, but it hasn't rebooted my phone.
    CM7.

19. effinay

effinay Newbie

Where the crap is the "Don't have an Android device" link on the sweepstakes page???

Nevermind. I need to learn to read ALL of the posts...

20. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

I cannot DL the app. This is what I get:

Droid Arena Market.JPG

And searching the market does not find it either.

21. fatpomp

fatpomp Android Enthusiast

johnlgalt likes this.
  22. tma

tma Newbie

Working good for me on my Droid. First time player, I think its fun. Anyone know where I can get a "this car makes frequent stops" sign? I think my neighbor are getting worried.

23. the7nd

the7nd Member

It works great on my un-rooted Droid. I got kind of tired of chasing the things though because it kept putting them in the same spot. I did get 16 entries though!

24. MusikAnimal

MusikAnimal Lurker

Go here if you do not have a supported phone:

www dot droiddoes dot com slash arenastreetview

^^ I'm a new user, so I can't post links =P

And don't click TOO fast on the map, if you do the screen will go grey and you'll have to refresh the page and start over. A bug I presume, but it could just be my internet connection being slow

25. tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh Android Expert

I can!

Droid Bionic - Arena Street View

dmodert66 and jroc like this.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews