• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Bionic Battery

josephasass

Lurker
Sep 13, 2011
I have experience less than acceptable battery life with my new Droid Bionic and wanted to try out a few options before I cave and buy the extended battery. I would like to keep my 4G on full-time, as I live and work in a 4G area.

My thoughts are as follows:

1. I have come to notice that Gingerbread comes with a Task Manager, however I have a concern when using this. I moved all of my tasks to my "Auto-end list" besides those tasks that I might want to have running while my phone's screen is off (i.e. Google Music, Pandora, Weather (in order to update my current location) and iHeartRadio). My concern is that I might have added some tasks that will constantly start up again, therefore defeating the purpose of the "Auto-end list." Is this a legitimate concern?

2. Does anyone have experience using the extended battery vs the regular battery? If so, what are the results?

3. Any tips on how to manage battery life on this device?

-Joe

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones