• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid Bionic Fastboot [FXZ] Files

I'm resurrecting this thread b/c it has all of the old FXZ files, and I'm adding my link for the latest (ICS) FXZ.

NOTE: If you use the 6.7.246 FXZ you're permanently on ICS - there is no going back to GB from ICS. The security in the CDT.bin file has changed, so once you install it it's stuck on there, you can only move forward.

VRZ_XT875_6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml.zip

HTH

Wow, talk about resurrection..... I see it over 3 years since you wrote this. Hope you're still around John or someone who can help. I'm new to the android scene and have an old Bionic XT875. Rooted it just fine and then tried to put SafeStrap on it. That's when it went bad and I found your thread here.

Your filename "VRZ_XT875_6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml.zip" has CFC in it not FXZ, but I assume the link you provided (thank you) is the FXZ ICS version? (No idea what FXZ or ICS is, but I understand that is the required version).

Bottom line, I get "INFOPreflash validation failure" when I try to push CDT.bin. Tried three different ways, fastboot. moto-fastboot and RSD Lite v6.1.4. All had the same result. Right now I have a bricked phone. Your help is much appreciated.

D:\moto-fastboot-win32>moto-fastboot flash mbm allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin
sending 'mbm' (256 KB)... OKAY [ 0.018s]
writing 'mbm'... OKAY [ 0.458s]

D:\moto-fastboot-win32>moto-fastboot reboot-bootloader
rebooting into bootloader... OKAY [ 0.005s]

D:\moto-fastboot-win32>moto-fastboot flash mbmloader mbmloader.bin
sending 'mbmloader' (41 KB)... OKAY [ 0.009s]
writing 'mbmloader'... OKAY [ 0.288s]

D:\moto-fastboot-win32>moto-fastboot flash mbm mbm.bin
sending 'mbm' (256 KB)... OKAY [ 0.018s]
writing 'mbm'... OKAY [ 0.458s]

D:\moto-fastboot-win32>moto-fastboot reboot-bootloader
rebooting into bootloader... OKAY [ 0.006s]

D:\moto-fastboot-win32>moto-fastboot flash cdt.bin cdt.bin
sending 'cdt.bin' (16 KB)... OKAY [ 0.007s]
writing 'cdt.bin'... INFOPreflash validation failure
FAILED (remote: )​

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones