1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Droid Bionic Help For A Droid Noob (ROMs, and things of the sort.)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nrock2256, Dec 20, 2011.

1. nrock2256

nrock2256 Lurker

Hey ya'll. I'm looking for some sort of a guide for the droid bionic, involving the install of custom roms and stuff. I would like a solid explination of cyanogenmod for a first. I've done some searching, and cant really find anything solid. I would like to know if it would just be better to install CM7/9 or install KIN3TX by Th3oryRom. Also, what is this "Blur" crap i am hearing about? And what does KIN3TX remove from the blur. Also, i heard kin3tx comes with different launchers, but what does that mean? Also, with KIN3TX what is a theorypak? I essentially want a new rom, because i like tweaking things, setCPU (simply for UNDERCLOCKING. I dont give a rat's a** about overclocking, especially on such a snappy phone) What are the advantages of having KIN3TX installed rather then the stock rom? What is bootstrap used for? How do I install a custom rom? How do i back up and restore my data (contacts mainly) for the custom rom? Any and all help you can give me is really appreciated. (Honestly, i just need some clarification.) Also, who can explain exactly what is removed (compared to the stock rom) when installing KIN3TX? What kind of Blur elements, and bloatware. (a list of exactly what is removed would be great :D) Thanks for any help/advice you can give me. Sorry if I aggravate you because of my noobiness.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. All of those subjects are addressed in the ... Bionic - All Things Root ... sub-forum. I'm sure you will find everyone very helpful.

Welcome to the Bionic.

... Thom

nrock2256 likes this.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews