1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Droid Bionic or Droid 3?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Wicked One 612, May 25, 2011.

?

Droid Bionic or Droid 3?

1. Droid Bionic

53 vote(s)
    85.5%
  2. Droid 3

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. jfoey22

jfoey22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 17, 2010
    Cisco Engineer
    Cincinnati, OH
    I don't agree, but we can agree to disagree. People in 3g area's can still use a 4g phone. I am guessing the benefits of marketing a 4g phone out weights the cost of making all high end phones 4g.

I am not saying there will not be any more 3g phones, just the best of the best will be only 4g in my opinion. However, I am not completely sold that the SGS2 will be 4g, but if it isn't, that will be the last flagship that isn't.

Advertisement

2. redraider1

None

Mar 15, 2011
    Hey I hope that is what they do I just think seeing how young their LTE network is and how it is widely available now I think they will continue making high end 3g phones. I mean I guess we will see if the function comes with 3g then we know they are going to continue to make high end 3g phones. I agree with your logic it makes more sense to move to 4g phones since they can still be used in a 3g area but I can imagine some people complain about the prices of 4g phones and if they seperate data for 3g and 4g phones at different prices. I guess we will find out in the up coming months. What about the pre 3? that has high end specs and is said to be 3g due for a late july release?

3. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    I do agree with that premise, but that same logic would also apply to the Bionic replacing the DX2.

Big Red seems to love keeping people in the dark. We know we're getting the SGS2, but we don't know if it'll be 4G. We know we're getting the 4G Bionic, but we don't have any confirmed specs from the revised version. And we have no idea when any of them will drop.

As for the D3, the latest iteration of my beloved OG Droid, I can really care less. If it was 4G, it'd be in the argument, hell, I'd probably get it for a family member if it was. But if neither the D3 or the SGS2 are LTE, then only keyboard lovers are likely to consider the D3.

4. Rayw796

Rayw796 Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2010
    Male
    IT Director
    Folsom, CA
    I am waiting for the Bionic to come out. July 14 is my magic date and hopefully won't have to wait too far beyond that. My D1 is showing its age. I seldom use the keyboard and since getting Swiftkey, not at all.

I bought a keyboard with one of my tablets and have never used it. Didn't get one with the xoom as a result and haven't missed it at all.

5. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    New England
    Same here, I originally came from an excellent Blackberry keyboard and was surprised never to prefer the D1's over swyping. Just remember to temporarily switch input back to the native Android keyboard when entering sensitive passwords, so they aren't monitored & collected by a keyboard app.

6. mikepinto65

mikepinto65 Newbie
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    Coming from a D1, I decided to go with the D3 over the Bionic as physical keyboard was important to me. The D3 is great and I am very happy with it. I am surprised at how great the virtual keyboard is though, very very responsive and easy to type So any D1 people looking to upgrade to 4G but worried about lack of Physical keys really shouldnt worry too much if considering the Bionic. The only real difference between the D3 and Bionic is 4G and Keyboard unless im missing something. Im still happy with my decision as the new physical keyboard has been nearly perfected and free from any major design flaw and the phone is flat out FAST. I just havnt been wooed by all the 4G media hype. I'd rather let the network get on its feet first and take advantage of it with my next upgrade.