1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Droid Bionic random reboots and force closes

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by poseidon0513, Sep 16, 2011.

1. poseidon0513

poseidon0513 Lurker
    None

Sep 10, 2011
    I just activated my Bionic yesterday and I have been getting random reboots and force closes for various apps the entire time.

I tried rooting to remove bloatware and Pete's tool said successful but there was still insufficient permissions so I tried rooting/unrooting again. However, all subsequent tries have given the error that adb was not granted root access. So i never removed or changed any apps/files.

Also, browser always force closes, data manager will frequently force close, and homescreen, contact storage, dolphin hd, and other things will force close every once in a while.

Anybody know what the problem could be?

Advertisement

2. milrtime83

milrtime83 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    You could have screwed something up trying to root it, or it could just be a lemon. It's usually a good idea to just use the phone stock for a few days (or longer) to make sure it is working correctly. That way when it starts acting weird you know it is something you did.

3. poseidon0513

poseidon0513 Lurker
    None

Sep 10, 2011
    I couldn't have screwed anything up. The device never fully rooted and I never had permissions to alter any system files. During initial activation too before I called verizon for support, the phone also occasionally rebooted.

4. PhilD

PhilD Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    Southern NJ
    you have USB debugging enabled, right?

you might want to review this thread too.

i would make sure you are completely unrooted and then do a factory reset to rule out any other cause. if everything works, grab the latest version of Pete's tool from this thread.

of course, i'm no expert so your mileage may vary :)

5. tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh Android Expert
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Student
    How long ago did you root your Bionic? If you used Pete's tools before 1.06, there was a bug that made it impossible to re-root after you had unrooted.

Use this guide to fix, then head into our root sub-forum and follow the new guide.

If these problems continue, or you had used 1.06 the first time, follow the restore instructions (same thread) to try and take you back to the factory state with working image.