1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Droid Bionic Worship? Not in my opinion

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by markdoc, Jan 10, 2012.

1. markdoc

markdoc Android Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2011
    Male
    Retired Dentist
    New York City, NY, USA
    I had many problems w/ my Tbolt. After 6 refurbished Tbolts, I decided that I wanted a new Tbolt. I could have gotten one for $50 but was convinced by a tech that the Bionic was less problematic & faster. I spent $100 for a new Bionic that I got yesterday. So far, I'm not impressed. I know most of us complained about design flaws(can't use power cord w/ kickstand, volume button in the place where you hold the 'bolt sideways, screen terrible in sunlight). Well the Bionic is worse. Horrible placement of sim card & sd card. The sim card doesn't have a drawer. It has a slot slightly raised off the floor of the battery compartment. It makes it difficult to install & there is no positive snap when installed properly. It just slides in until you can't push anymore. Trying to remove the sim card is a real treat. There is nothing to grab it by. No ledge, no groove, nothing. You have to push down to get enough resistance to slide it out. Same with the SD card. It slides into a slot on top of sim card. Again no snap when installed.
    Next is the UI. I guess it's personal, but HTC Sense has it hands down over Motoblur. Motoblur is a good name, the reasoning for most of it is very fuzzy. HTC has much more opportunity to customize than does blur. A big miss is the lack of recent apps in the Notification bar also the screens are the same size, but everything is smaller on the Bionic. Enough to make me need my glasses on the Bionic(even with the screen settings on large)
    The Bionic is faster with less lag, but not enough to override it's shortcomings.

Advertisement

AustinTech likes this.