• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid bows down to the iPhone

1259818663148.jpg

Upvote 0
I want to know why anyone with an iPhone would buy one when they have an iPod Touch out? I mean you must reallllllly want a phone that just doesnt work. If the droid is being compared so competitively to the iPhone then its an obvious choice unless you have stock in apple or some ish. Get an iPod Touch that has all your 100x appz and the android which is on a network that you can use a phone with and tell me how you can lose? I just dont see the need for one person to buy an iPhone when there is the iPod Touch available.... i dont know just my .02

AD

Upvote 0
It's funny, because by making a thread like this (and the username as well) it's obvious that he feels threatened by Android (or in this case, The Moto Droid).

Don't be blinded by the Apple.

What are you even talking about? The iPhone is clearly a better phone. My iPhone 3g never hung or froze for 30 seconds at a time or waited 5+ seconds to open a text after pressing it several times.

You people need to wake up. Yea the Droid owns but it and the Android OS have a way to go before being in the same arena as the iPhone.

But it's new and the iPhone back then had these types of problems too so lets notice that we need improvements and lets be proactive in change instead of saying "OUR DROID OWNZZ TROLLS LEAVE WE OWNN" because really it's not helping at all.

Upvote 0
lol, what? please explain. as a dear apple-love recently said to me, android makes the iphone look dated :D

youre kidding right...? among the multitude of things.. just opn the photo gallery. Lagging thumnails click arrow twice to move to next pic.

Have someone call you. Mini, blurry contact photo. no smart dial

Open the mediaplayer, ancient, not even a lockscreen control no 2x 4x speed for podcasts.

Camera app is sluggish and ugly. No video editing and jerky out of sync audio.

Jeez man I could go on for an hour or more...

Upvote 0
youre kidding right...? among the multitude of things.. just opn the photo gallery. Lagging thumnails click arrow twice to move to next pic.

Open the mediaplayer, ancient, not even a lockscreen control no 2x 4x speed for podcasts.

I have none of the problems you are describing, maybe user error. Or maybe lay off the marketplace a bit.

Upvote 0
There is some truths in his post though. If anyone were given the chance to own an iPhone over a Droid which would you choose. How about if Verizon started to offer the iPhone, which would you choose, the Droid or the iPhone? Be honest, seriously. Everyone would go for the iPhone before the Droid. I love my Eris but the only reason I chose Eris over iPhone was the network and I've been using a G1 for the past year so I'm used to it and I like the integration of gmail features. Also, my company offers a better discount with Verizon, thankfully. I've been very happy with the network and service. Far superior to ATT(crap).

Upvote 0
Even if the iphone came to Verizon i would not buy it. I have had plenty of chances to buy it, but waited for something open source. I have nothing against the iphone, i am just not a Mac guy, never even owned a ipod, i have the 80 GB Zune and have been very happy with it.

I would say >90% of people would. Not everyone but most.

Side note: There seems to be a lot of trolls today, is it Apple fan boy "F with Android peeps day" or something?

Upvote 0
There is some truths in his post though. If anyone were given the chance to own an iPhone over a Droid which would you choose. How about if Verizon started to offer the iPhone, which would you choose, the Droid or the iPhone? Be honest, seriously. Everyone would go for the iPhone before the Droid. I love my Eris but the only reason I chose Eris over iPhone was the network and I've been using a G1 for the past year so I'm used to it and I like the integration of gmail features. Also, my company offers a better discount with Verizon, thankfully. I've been very happy with the network and service. Far superior to ATT(crap).
not true lots would go droid for one reason..........KEYBOARD.

besides that fact i love browsing 1 web page, load something, switch to another page and browse while the other page is loading and them swap back. can't do tha ton the iphone :)

plus when android gets flash iphone users that have been waiting 3+ years for it will really see where the future of mobile web is at and it won't be iphone.

Upvote 0
There is some truths in his post though. If anyone were given the chance to own an iPhone over a Droid which would you choose. How about if Verizon started to offer the iPhone, which would you choose, the Droid or the iPhone? Be honest, seriously. Everyone would go for the iPhone before the Droid.

I wouldn't. Personally I cant stand the way apple does business and have no desire to give them any of my hard earned money or to own a device that has NO customization .... yay a black screen with icons and one lockscreen u can set a wallpaper to...impressive (Yeah jailbreak it and u can but even still BORING device)! Nope DROID hands down, i'll stick with a regular iPod for my music needs.

Upvote 0
There is some truths in his post though. If anyone were given the chance to own an iPhone over a Droid which would you choose. How about if Verizon started to offer the iPhone, which would you choose, the Droid or the iPhone? Be honest, seriously. Everyone would go for the iPhone before the Droid.

Ok so lets be honest..... One month ago I left the iPhone 3GS for the Droid and NEVER looked back. As my previous posts has stated, I think the iPhone is a great device.....no not because of the app store or the variety of apps....no not because of itunes....no not because of AT&T but because the phone "just works" and that is more than can be said about most other phones until i tried the Droid. I admit, when I decided to leave AT&T for Verizon it WASN'T for the Droid. I decided to leave because I moved to an area where the closest 3G coverage was 76 miles away which was painful. After having the Droid for a month I can HONESTLY say, not only did I get a better carrier but I also got a better phone. As a matter of fact, I will be putting my iphone on ebay or craigslist this weekend.

Oh and if the iPhone came to Verizon I would keep my Droid because I think it is a better phone. However, if Apple ever decides to stop nickel and dime'ing consumers and offer a phone with ALL the bells and whistles, I would at least consider the iPhone again.

How is that for honesty!!!

Upvote 0
not true lots would go droid for one reason..........KEYBOARD.

besides that fact i love browsing 1 web page, load something, switch to another page and browse while the other page is loading and them swap back. can't do tha ton the iphone :)

plus when android gets flash iphone users that have been waiting 3+ years for it will really see where the future of mobile web is at and it won't be iphone.

Totally agree. Both have strengths. I'm a geek and like new tech and would be a difficult choice. I like both and wouldn't mind having either really. FLASH would be AWESOME but not happening until next year.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't. Personally I cant stand the way apple does business and have no desire to give them any of my hard earned money or to own a device that has NO customization .... yay a black screen with icons and one lockscreen u can set a wallpaper to...impressive (Yeah jailbreak it and u can but even still BORING device)! Nope DROID hands down, i'll stick with a regular iPod for my music needs.

Have you seen a jailbroke iPhone? Pretty cool IMHO. That's the only way I would want to have one. Free apps, custom screens, and full data voice service. I wouldn't have to deal with Apple at this point.

Upvote 0
I would say >90% of people would. Not everyone but most.

I would say your estimate is off by quite a bit. There are people who simply don't want anything other than a basic phone for one. Then there are others like me (considerably more than you obviously think as well) that will not own a phone that is as locked down as the Iphone is, and I'm not talking just the OS. A phone that doesn't even have a user replaceable battery?! I'll never own it!

Upvote 0
Have you seen a jailbroke iPhone? Pretty cool IMHO. That's the only way I would want to have one. Free apps, custom screens, and full data voice service. I wouldn't have to deal with Apple at this point.

Yup owned one (first gen), then went back to verizon immediately after i realized i bought an iPod touch since the phone was useless. I have a jailbroken iPod touch and its okay but no wear near the same league as android. ever seen a good functional widget on an iphone/ipod? i havent...

Upvote 0

Why are you so bitter? All I've seen you do is complain. If you don't like the phone, go hang around somewhere else; you're not changing anybody's mind. It almost seems like you're just making up problems now, because most of the things you post I've never experienced, and others indicate they've never experienced either, so you either have a bad device and need to replace it, or it's excessive user error/cynicism.

Upvote 0
Ok so lets be honest..... One month ago I left the iPhone 3GS for the Droid and NEVER looked back. As my previous posts has stated, I think the iPhone is a great device.....no not because of the app store or the variety of apps....no not because of itunes....no not because of AT&T but because the phone "just works" and that is more than can be said about most other phones until i tried the Droid. I admit, when I decided to leave AT&T for Verizon it WASN'T for the Droid. I decided to leave because I moved to an area where the closest 3G coverage was 76 miles away which was painful. After having the Droid for a month I can HONESTLY say, not only did I get a better carrier but I also got a better phone. As a matter of fact, I will be putting my iphone on ebay or craigslist this weekend.

Oh and if the iPhone came to Verizon I would keep my Droid because I think it is a better phone. However, if Apple ever decides to stop nickel and dime'ing consumers and offer a phone with ALL the bells and whistles, I would at least consider the iPhone again.

How is that for honesty!!!

So honestly you gave up your iPhone because you moved to an area ATT didn't get great coverage and Verizon was the only other alternative?

Sounds like you had no choice.

BTW: I'm giving you a hard time. Welcome to the club.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones