1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Droid Business Card Reader?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by cpetku, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Rondavis01

Rondavis01 Lurker
    None

Dec 21, 2010
    Yes! I tried WorldCard Mobile app recently. It's really good for scanning business cards and managing details into my contacts list.

Advertisement

2. snapcase

snapcase Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 3, 2009
    Google Goggles is free... Also, holy thread resurrection batman!

3. Marcel Soulot

Marcel Soulot Lurker
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    [FONT=&quot]Actually there are several

4. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Android Expert
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    QA Admin
    SoCal
    Works well. And it came with the phone, so you just saved me a few bucks.:)

5. dman2275

dman2275 Newbie
    None

Nov 5, 2009
    Goggles works well for this...and it's free.

6. jackrock

jackrock Newbie
    None

Aug 27, 2010
    No lite version to try it out? I don't want to buy a app without giving it a try to see if I like it. I'll try the others.

7. jackrock

jackrock Newbie
    None

Aug 27, 2010
    Just tried camcard and it got everything right. The only thing it could have done better is have a fax category, it put the fax as a business phone. That's easy to fix.

Google Goggles was terrible, mostly got it all wrong. Had to correct almost everything.

Scancard made mistakes also but not as bad as Goggles. Maybe only slightly faster than hand entering everything in the first place.

8. xmscan

None

Dec 24, 2010
    Thanks for mentioning us. By the way, we are happy to announce here that we have released ScanCard FREE VERSION (instead of previous lite version) on Android Market.

[​IMG]

You would be able to capture images, recognize and save limitless cards. The service is also cloud-based, which means your cards are backed up on the cloud service as well. Then you will be free to manage your contacts anywhere at anytime. The only constraint is that you need a web synchronization account, which is free charge as well, to use the solution.

By far, we are the only “100% free” business card reader working on Android OS, which recognizes Chinese, English and other European languages, with a real performant OCR (Optical Character Recognition) engine, accuracy up to 95%+++. Compared to most cloud-based solutions, with ScanCard you are getting the recognized contact information immediately after capturing the business card's image, no need to wait days and hours before getting it on hand.

View ScanCard's video on Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xmscan?v=XP4hqLK410I

View more ScanCard’s reviews:
    Review & Press XMSCAN's blog

Download Link:
    https://market.android.com/details?id=scan.bcr.ch

Any comments are welcome! Thanks for your supporting!

XMSCAN

9. peter paris

peter paris Lurker
    None

Sep 21, 2011
    If you want to test the reader and don't have any business cards you can create some here for free to test it out. bizcardcreator dot com :)

10. BrightGarden

BrightGarden Lurker
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    Apparently, CardScan company by Sanford brands does not have an app yet.
    The apps mentioned in this thread do not link the image of the bizcard with the datarecord, which CardScan software does.
    With CardScan I usually zip in all my cards and do light editing up front.
    But, the image is stored with the data which is absolutely important.
    The comfort of seeing the card image is very comforting and you can do better cleanup as needed.

Of course, an app from CardScan would cannibalize their hardware line.

Let's wait and see

11. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Texas
    I just started using CamCard Lite - Business Card R for Android | AppBrain.com

So far it's hit every phone# and address correctly. It's really amazing how well this works. Really never thought I'd use an app like this, now I'm not sure if I can get by with the 10 free + 2 per week... just may end up buying this one.

AngryHatter likes this.
  12. Jeff R

Jeff R Lurker
    None

Dec 26, 2011
    I love Google searches. Anytime I need something its there to be found. Google Goggles works great - I just downloaded it and scanned some bcards in with ease. Thanks for the great postings and advice.

13. 30fold

30fold Lurker
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    I've worked with several card scanner programs, most of them good. But with 3000+ contacts the last thing I need to do is scan another contact into myContacts. I am much more into what happens next. I would much rather scan it into an alternate list at least, and have the abilit to do productive stuff with it like send a email I can specify... Not just one. Who has just a single process.

So if I wanted, for example, to place the new card info into my network group list, and from there have a process that would send a welcome email...

Or add them to new prospect list so I can snd them an Invite

Etc.

Obviously it would take more that a scanner app... But if the best ones only stick new records into myContacts we have not gotten too far. So, what's out there that I have not found that begins to appraoch the process automation in my dreams?

I've heard a few peopel talk about this, but never found any tangable solutions shot of SalesForce + 10M programmer budget.

Am I just dreaming?

14. waklee1

waklee1 Lurker
    None

Sep 7, 2012
    I have world card mobile on my iphone, and since I just recently got an HTC One X i want to get the world card mobile on it. I downloaded and am trying to import the contacts that I exported in their format but it says no such file found. I've downloaded to a file manager program on the htc but still nothing. any help would be great. thanks