1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Droid Charge 3G/4G Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by macman24, Jul 4, 2011.

1. macman24

macman24 Newbie
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    Hi,

I just became a new Samung Droid Charge user having come from the iPhone, T-Mobile MyTouch 4G (no problems with connectivity), and switchng to Verizon and getting the HTC Thunderbolt (which I like) and have noticed that the 3G and 4G signals on the Charge are the worst. I do however like the phone and am getting used to it but trying to hold a signal and continue to use the Charge as a hotspot is extremely trying. I am actually using my wife's LG Revolution as a hotspot as I type this. My Charge stays on 1X for the longest time but I am still able to use the hotspot sometimes but it's extremely slow and not worth trying to stay connected.

I have come to the conclusion that it is not the LTE coverage because I have 4G coverage in my area (MI) and the Thunderbolt worked (after the TB upgrade) and my wife's new LG Revolution maintains both 3G and 4G connections but the Charge will not unless I restart the phone which is a pain. When I received the phone I updated it. I should have waited before updating just to see if the connection would hold but being in a rush and not knowing that the update may cause an issue I did so anyway.

I really don't want to return the Charge because I really do like it (the screen resolution is awesome). The battery life is much better than on the Thunderbolt and the Revolution. I just wish that either Samsung or Verizon comes out (quickly) with an upgrade to fix this connection issue...... please!!!

Macman24

Advertisement