1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Droid charge buttons sticky

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chargexcharge, Oct 2, 2011.

1. chargexcharge

chargexcharge Lurker

Hi, I have a droid charge and spilt some tea on the buttons and now they don't "click" like they're supposed to. What is the best SAFE way to fix this problem?:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. afrost55

afrost55 Newbie

Droid Charge is a touch screen phone so i would take that in to a Verizon store and see if they can't fix it their. I wouldn't go about trying to fix that yourself.

jimburn69 likes this.
  3. Chi-TownTx

Chi-TownTx Well-Known Member

If they cant fix it you can try pouring a little rubbing alcohol on the buttons. While this works with computer hardware and spills not sure about a phone. So try it at your own risk.

Also if you do try this take the battery out first and don't try powering up the phone till the next day. You want all the alcohol to evaporate before you power up or your fried.

The only reason i bring this up is becase the vzw store may try to offer you a replacement with a CLN phone and those things are always a nightmare to deal with.

Again i am not really recommending you do this, just giving you another option if you don't like what you hear at vzw. Use at your own risk.

4. ukrkoz

ukrkoz Well-Known Member

rubbing alcohol is a WATER propanol solution. You do NOT put water:eek: anywhere close to electronics.

any auto parts store sells electronic parts cleaner. It's a spray that cleans and evaporates in a heartbeat. I used it many times on all kinds of car electronics AND on my MP3 player and earbuds. Cost is about 2-3 bucks. Another spray cleaner safe to use is MAP sensor cleaner.
    Just to correct myself: water +iso-propil alcohol solution.

5. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

To the OP, depends on how much u spilled?

However if its just a little bit ,take a damp bounty and just gently rub it over the buttons, should be fine! I spilled a whole cup of iced tea on mine and it was fine after a light rub down...

6. chargexcharge

chargexcharge Lurker

I fixed it by dripping alcohol in the spaces between the buttons in small proportions. I then let them dry out and now my buttons are good as new.

Samsung Droid Charge Forum

The Samsung Droid Charge release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1600mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews