1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Droid Charge NFL fans

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by treb1797, Sep 6, 2011.

1. treb1797

treb1797 Extreme Android User

Verizon is waving the $10 a month Vcast Video fee during the NFL season for those like us who own a 4G LTE device. So you can watch via the NFL app, the NFL redzone on Sundays, ESPN monday night football, NBC sunday night football, & you have 24/7 access to the NFL network so all their games when they show live games later in the season. PLEASE NOTE: While watching these games it does use a bunch of Data, but if you are one of the lucky ones who has unlimited data you can enjoy all this for free. ENJOY!!!!

YADDADAIMSAYIN and Josiemadda like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Shurple

Shurple Android Enthusiast

hmm that's interesting because i got a message last night when i opened the app that after 9/20 there's a $10/month fee.

Oh well I wont have this phone anymore after tomorrow afternoon anyway. No 4g here anyway (only north NJ)

3. treb1797

Make sure your NFL app is updated. After the current update mine stopped giving that message. Even if you don't live in a 4G area you will still be able to take advantage of this offer, but the video quality for 3G is nowhere near comparable to 4G.

Verizon and NFL Team Up Again, Free NFL Mobile Premium Access to 4G LTE Customers - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

WizeGuyDezignz and Shurple like this.
  4. Shurple

yeah i dont live in a 4g area. oh well. like i said after tomorrow i wont even have the phone anymore so it does not matter. i might pay the $10/month anyway just because i want my Steelers games. I'm on wifi so i hope video quality is better. although from what i read, everyone says 4g, wifi or 3g the video is horribly grainy.

5. treb1797

Watching games on my Charge w/ 4G is much like watching a game on a non-HD TV. It is grainy for about the first 5 to 10 seconds when you log on, but then the picture only gets better.

6. Shurple

does it get better or do u get used to it? ;)

7. treb1797

It gets alot better. At first the green of the football field is grainy and you can see it get more clear as time passes.

8. i didn't even know they were to charge $10 a month on this and i been hella watching it. good lookin out though.

i thought this thread was for me to flaunt my loyalty to the niners and trash talk all the other teams out there! :D

9. treb1797

Love having this option. I set the Charge up in the docking station & had it on the NFL Redzone Channel all day yesterday!!! You better have unlimited data if you decide to go this route.

10. jco23

jco23 Newbie

not true - watched the games this past weekend over WiFi (turned mobile data off). there is no $10 fee if you have a 4G phone - and I honestly doubt that VZW would want folks streaming video all day sunday over their mobile network when they are trying to trim that back - especially if WiFi is available (hence video chat only available via WiFi).

nlsme likes this.
  11. treb1797

Read the entire post above and click on the links, if you are going to say i'm not telling the truth do your homework first. Also, the streaming back of video only effects 3G NOT 4G. Sorry, if i'm coming across as being rude, but everything i state is fact & can be backed up. So i don't appreciate basically being called a lier.

12. jco23

jco23 Newbie

the part that I was saying that was untrue was the bit about requiring to have unlimited data - you only need that if you are not on WiFi.

13. Hawk03

Hawk03 Member

Received this message today.

Attached Files:

14. treb1797

1.Make sure your NFL app is the most updated one. Mine did that too at first, when I updated everything has been good to go.
    2. If updated & still doing it you will need to call Verizon. If you look at the Motorola Droid Bionic thread some people are still having issues even after the update.

Good luck my friend

15. treb1797

16. Hawk03

Hawk03 Member

17. jco23

jco23 Newbie

go info, thanks ya'll

18. kenshell

kenshell Newbie

no 4g in old bridge? I would not have thought that.

19. awd

awd Member

I notification keep popping up whenever I lost by 4G connection (on 3g) when I turn the app on (Sunday)... Today, on MNF, on $G network , no problem...
    by the way, one quick question, do you just get free ESPN red zone for free on SUnday? can you get individual game live for free?

20. treb1797

The individual games you get w/ this app are NBC Sunday Night Football & ESPN Monday Night Football.

awd likes this.
  21. jco23

jco23 Newbie

and the Thursday games too. I think the Saturday games too, but we'll know when they come up...

awd likes this.
  22. bbqdroid

bbqdroid Lurker

Everytime I want to use the NFL app, I have to go into settings and clear its data. If I don't, I get error messages, video won't load or I'm asked to sign up for the $10 monthly plan. Lots of unecessary manual work for an app that should be able to remember the correct settings... :mad:

23. ummm so i just got the message this sunday and I faintly remembered this thread, but it was 4th quarter of the SF game and we were down by only a few points so it was imperative that I catch the end of the game. I just clicked the $10/month button to advance. Does this mean I'm about to get charged, or is it automatically waived for 4gLTE phones?

24. treb1797

According to Verizon you should be charged each month and then credited on the same bill. So keep an eye out starting w/ your October statement.

25. awd

awd Member

thanks!

Samsung Droid Charge Forum

The Samsung Droid Charge release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1600mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews