1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Droid Charge stuck in system recovery <3e> after update helppp!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kayhoe, Apr 12, 2012.

1. kayhoe

kayhoe Lurker

vzw Samsung Droid charge( is rooted) hopelessly stuck in Android system recovery <3e> . its not the regular recovery mode im used to i think its called BML . also says bootmode=7 if thats any importance to knowing whats wrong here.
    the install button must've been pushed when the famous "System update " notification popped up .

im new @ this and all but from what ive been seeing on similar droid charge problems as mine right after that software update ,was that it shouldve been un-rooted before the update and re rooted after if the user wanted .

was this caused from my charge being rooted when it was installing that new software ? or something else cause i have no clue !

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kraisydave

kraisydave Well-Known Member

This error you are having is from accepting the update while being rooted. They were never written to work together.

The fix - Flash a full restore similar to the rooting you did.

I have a video walk through which will get you restored to FP1 which is the latest update.

I then have another video to follow which will get you root on the FP1 update.

Let me know if you need help.

kraisydave - YouTube

Look over in the Root section of the forum here for the postings and place questions there please.

Dave

Samsung Droid Charge Forum

The Samsung Droid Charge release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1600mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews