• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Charge stuck in system recovery <3e> after update helppp!!!

kayhoe

Lurker
Apr 12, 2012
vzw Samsung Droid charge( is rooted) hopelessly stuck in Android system recovery <3e> . its not the regular recovery mode im used to i think its called BML . also says bootmode=7 if thats any importance to knowing whats wrong here.
the install button must've been pushed when the famous "System update " notification popped up .

im new @ this and all but from what ive been seeing on similar droid charge problems as mine right after that software update ,was that it shouldve been un-rooted before the update and re rooted after if the user wanted .

was this caused from my charge being rooted when it was installing that new software ? or something else cause i have no clue !

This error you are having is from accepting the update while being rooted. They were never written to work together.

The fix - Flash a full restore similar to the rooting you did.

I have a video walk through which will get you restored to FP1 which is the latest update.

I then have another video to follow which will get you root on the FP1 update.

Let me know if you need help.

kraisydave - YouTube

Look over in the Root section of the forum here for the postings and place questions there please.

Dave

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones