1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Droid Charge unroot problems... plz help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by johnott, Apr 28, 2012.

1. johnott

johnott New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    i recently bought a Droid Charge was was described as non-rooted phone from eBay. got the phone activated it everything works fine except the Google Play app is missing! i tried the OTA update only to fine the phone freezes and then a yellow triangle appears with the little android guy putting his hand up. i pull the battery and turn it on.
    - i pull the battery and this is the screen i get..

CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v3.0.2.8x
    -reboot system now
    -apply update from sdcar
    -wipe/factory reset
    -wipe cache partition
    -install zip from sdcard
    -backup and restore
    -mounts and storage
    -advanced
    -voodoo
    -power off
    E:missing bitmap icon_clockwork
    (code -1)
    CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v3.0.2.8x

Obviously this phone had been rooted. i dont have the original sdcard that came with the device.

any thoughts or am i at a dead end road and should just return the device. thankyou!!!

Advertisement

2. kraisydave

kraisydave Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    KDTech.org - Tech helper
    Montana
    First, I would consider a return since this was not the product described.

If you decide to keep it I would suggest a full restore to a clean copy of stock. Make sure to use the PIT option also as this will help to eliminate any potential problems left over from the previous owner.

I have a walk through video with all the links in the show notes below the video. kraisydave - YouTube

Let me know if you have any questions. You are risking bricking your phone so consider this verses a return. It is highly unlikely you will hurt the phone.

Dave