1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Droid Charge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by perv1366, Jul 5, 2011.

1. perv1366

perv1366 Lurker
    None

Jul 5, 2011
    Had the charge now for a month, only recently I noticed the built in voice dailer does not work. Tech support along with the staff at a local verizon store had no explination. ALSO Had the Facinate for 6 months, got an over the air upgrade and after that it started talking when I powered it up saying "NEW MESSAGE ARRIVED".....I had no new or ANY messages......NOW my Charge is starting the same thing saying (on startup) new message arrived....whats up with that....again no help from tech/store people.

Advertisement

2. scarredupmario

None

Nov 21, 2009
    twin cities
    I have had my charge for just about a week and have not seen that behavior. My wife has a fascinate and haven't seem out there either. The"new message" sounds like the notification but if it only happens at startup it may be that the startup sound got changed.

Try some of the solutions for disabling the droid startup sound. (other thread). That would at least let you know that is what is happening

3. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Newbie
    None

Jul 2, 2011
    Honestly, it sounds like you have an application on the phone causing these issues. Have you installed any of the same programs on the Charge that you had on the Fascinate?