1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Droid charging port loose?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by esmith818, Nov 30, 2010.

1. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Web to Print Content Developer
    NC
    Has anyone else had the problem of a loose charger port on their Droid? I bought my Droid 13 months ago and just noticed this week that when I go to connect my home charger, the phone will reboot and then not recognize that it is plugged in. If I play around with the cord so that it is at a slight angle, I am able to get it to charge.

I have a bad feeling this is a result of playing games on the phone while plugged in which may have "stretched" the charging "sleeve" in the phone. I tried to use a mini-screwdriver to pry the metal clips inward to force a tighter fit but it did no good and I am afraid to mess with it too much for fear of causing irreversible damage.

Of course I do not have insurance on the phone and the one year warranty just expired. Anyone have a solution that might work? In the meantime, I just have to be extremely careful to adjust the cord just right to guarantee a connection.

Advertisement

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Or, conversely your home charge plug might be bad...have you tried a different charger?

3. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    texas
    try another charger 1st..
    mine was doing the same on my wall charger so I swapped it with another and it's fine, now you just may get lucky.