• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid clears my home screen

djc6535

Lurker
Nov 26, 2009
So every so often, my Droid clears my home screen. I'll turn it on and all my shortcuts and widgets are gone. Once I spent all the time getting my home screen back in place again and a few hours later it brought all my apps back. On top of the recreated home screen. Very strange.

Anybody have any idea of what is going on here?

Happens to me. I'm hoping it's a bug that will get fixed soon.

If I turn the phone off then back on, my shortcuts/widgets reappear - better than manually putting them all back.

Are you using any home screen apps other than the stock? I haven't installed any because of these bug reports. I have had no problems. On the other hand, I don't actually have any shortcuts or widgets on my desktop except for those from Apps Organizer and none of those have disappeared.

Upvote 0
Are you using any home screen apps other than the stock?/quote]

No. No themes or anything like that.

Thank you. Not that it helps you any. I wish I had an answer (other than install Apps Organizer and use that for your homescreen shortcuts instead) but at least I might be able to try a homescree app without fear of losing everything.

Upvote 0
The same thing just happened to me today for the first time. I powered off and back on and I still have no shortcuts on my home screen. Do I really have to add them all back manually? :(

I remember what I was doing right before this happened--trying to read/send a text message. Not that I think that was the direct cause, but I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary. I also don't use themes or any custom apps that control my shortcuts/home screen.

Upvote 0
Bumped. This never ever to me before the 2.0.1 update. It's happened at least 5 times since. I can't say that it's definitely related, but it sure as heck sounds suspicious. I'm not using any Home replacements or themes, I use Weatherbug, Power Control, and Calendar widgets. Anyone know how to get the ball rolling on a resolution? Call Verizon, who will send me to Moto, who will send me to Google, who will send me to Verizon? :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones