• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Desperado

LisaSimpson

Lurker
May 22, 2011
Hi there!
Been a very happy Droid user for 13 months now, but a week ago my Droid seemed to have suffered a stroke - the right side of the touchscreen went dead - can't access anything, unless I flip to side. Then the top portion is dead. That wasn't bad enough, though; this morning it started flipping from screen to screen, activating one app after another, or random dialing people in my contact list! It acted totally possessed, and turning off, removing battery etc. did nothing to stop this madness. In desperation I chose to do a factory reset, and the madness has stopped, but the stroke symptom persists. What's wrong with my Droid???? Did I download a virus? Open the system to hackers? The phone was briefly exposed to a magnet (my name badge attaches via magnet) which might explain the dead screen issue... any ideas? Any hopes?

Hi there!
Been a very happy Droid user for 13 months now, but a week ago my Droid seemed to have suffered a stroke - the right side of the touchscreen went dead - can't access anything, unless I flip to side. Then the top portion is dead. That wasn't bad enough, though; this morning it started flipping from screen to screen, activating one app after another, or random dialing people in my contact list! It acted totally possessed, and turning off, removing battery etc. did nothing to stop this madness. In desperation I chose to do a factory reset, and the madness has stopped, but the stroke symptom persists. What's wrong with my Droid???? Did I download a virus? Open the system to hackers? The phone was briefly exposed to a magnet (my name badge attaches via magnet) which might explain the dead screen issue... any ideas? Any hopes?

It sounds like a portion of your touch screen died (which happens). If you have the extended warranty on it take it back to Verizon and they will replace it with a Certified Like New replacement. If you have no insurance or extended warranty then like was posted earlier it is time to get a new phone. You can get a used droid off of ebay for a decent price.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones