• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*DROID DNA reaction, discussion, and first impression thread*

Thanks for the info NightAngel, I'll be stealing an upgrade and likely losing my unlimited in the process, but i use less than 1 gig a month with wifi at both home and work. It also opens the door for my parents to get phones that arent complete turds haha. Ill be sad to see the rezound go as its been a great phone, but I just love everything about this phone from what Ive seen and read.

Upvote 0
None that I can find.

That's OK since Astro exists and is possibly one of the bests free apparently out there.

I meant to ask this before, but how fast is the phone. I use all the Go products (launcher, locker, SMS, etc). I love the customization, but at times they noticeably bog my Thunderbolt down. Will this be an issue with the DNA?

Upvote 0
That's OK since Astro exists and is possibly one of the bests free apparently out there.

I meant to ask this before, but how fast is the phone. I use all the Go products (launcher, locker, SMS, etc). I love the customization, but at times they noticeably bog my Thunderbolt down. Will this be an issue with the DNA?

I haven't tried GoLauncher on here, only NovaLauncher so far. I can't imagine there will be any noticeable lag. Between the processor/GPU/RAM I doubt there'll be anything to worry about.

Upvote 0
Hey NA I was wondering if you could comment on the brightness level of the DNA's screen at max brightness. I love bright screens and have always kept my phones' "automatic brightness" controls disabled so the phone can always be on max. That was one of the primary reasons I didn't get the GS3. The screen was/is way too dark for me even at maximum brightness. I know the brightness king is the iphone 5 but I was wondering if you found the DNA's screen to be adequately bright? Also one or two reviewers have mentioned a "bluish cast" to the screen. Have you compared the whites of this phone on the google home page to other, competing phones? Are the whites truly white? I'm a current owner of the Gnex and the horrible yellowish cast on what's supposed to be white has driven me nuts.

TIA!

Upvote 0
Hey NA I was wondering if you could comment on the brightness level of the DNA's screen at max brightness. I love bright screens and have always kept my phones' "automatic brightness" controls disabled so the phone can always be on max. That was one of the primary reasons I didn't get the GS3. The screen was/is way too dark for me even at maximum brightness. I know the brightness king is the iphone 5 but I was wondering if you found the DNA's screen to be adequately bright? Also one or two reviewers have mentioned a "bluish cast" to the screen. Have you compared the whites of this phone on the google home page to other, competing phones? Are the whites truly white? I'm a current owner of the Gnex and the horrible yellowish cast on what's supposed to be white has driven me nuts.

TIA!

Disclaimer! I am colorblind, lol (not really bad, but bad enough where words like 'true white' have zero meaning for me, lol)

That said, I have the iPhone 5 (hush up, its company provided) right here. That darn thing is so bright it almost hurts to look at. DNA is much easier on the eyes. But everything looks great, just not quite as bright as the iphone

Reactions: Wolfedude88
Upvote 0
Disclaimer! I am colorblind, lol (not really bad, but bad enough where words like 'true white' have zero meaning for me, lol)

That said, I have the iPhone 5 (hush up, its company provided) right here. That darn thing is so bright it almost hurts to look at. DNA is much easier on the eyes. But everything looks great, just not quite as bright as the iphone

I see nothing wrong with using an iphone, I have an iphone 5 as well. I am the biggest android supporter I personally know, but I like to switch it up and try out everything.

The iphone 5 is nice, but no way is revolutionary. It really is still too small for my liking but I understand why some like it. Honestly I have found more bugs with it than any other iphone I have used, could just be ios6 though.

I could never leave android though, I don't mind using ios and wp7, soon to try out wp8, but android is home to me, and I've been there since the first android phone.

But what kind of tech person would I be if I didn't give everything a fair shot? I love all tech, just so happens when it comes to phones, I love android more.

:smokingsomb:

Reactions: jroc
Upvote 0
Reading the reviews and the comments about battery life are concerning to me. I got a DInc 4G (after a GNex and TBolt) solely due to the battery life. It is the first phone I've had since I switched from BB 3 years ago that I can go all day with and do not have to always be on the lookout for a charger. I want to pre-order this to have it over Thanksgiving, but I cannot go back to always needing to charge. Hopefully the real-world comments come back in and prove the reviews wrong.

Upvote 0
I used the phone this morning driving around with the GPS on using google nav, with 4g data turned on and wifi turned on(but obviously not connected to anything) and i left the screen on bright and the map open. After 3 hours it went down to 51%.

I think that is pretty good. Normally when driving around using nav I turn wifi off, switch 4g to 3g and generally dont have the screen on.

Upvote 0
I used the phone this morning driving around with the GPS on using google nav, with 4g data turned on and wifi turned on(but obviously not connected to anything) and i left the screen on bright and the map open. After 3 hours it went down to 51%.

I think that is pretty good. Normally when driving around using nav I turn wifi off, switch 4g to 3g and generally dont have the screen on.

That's actually really amazing. I'm usually down 10% within 15 mins when I do the same on my GNex

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones