1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Droid Does ... Bluetooth!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AzJazz, Dec 23, 2009.

1. AzJazz

AzJazz Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    And, not in a good way! :mad:

I just found that my "Droid Does" Bluetooth when I don't want it to.

I have my Droid paired to my 04 Acura TL. I have been able to use the Bluetooth HFL between the Acura & Droid with some slightly limited functionality.

However, I just saw something happen that was very bad. I received a call on my Droid as I was getting close to my car. The car was still locked, and not powered up yet. (I may have hit the remote control unlock, but I'm not sure)

I answered the call on my Droid, but had no audio on the phone. I pulled the phone away from my face, and to my surprise, the background was blue! For some reason, the Droid initiated a Bluetooth HFL connection to my car when it wasn't commanded! Worse yet, it looks like the Bluetooth pairing is messed up now: Any call I make on the phone near my car will automatically go to Bluetooth, and my car doesn't seem to recognize the Droid at all now. End result: I always get no audio when I make or receive a call near my car until I press and deactivate the Bluetooth in the lower left corner of the call display.

I can fix this by re-pairing, but it will mess up again once the Droid is within distance of the car and a call arrives.

I never, ever, ever saw this happen with my nearly 6 years of my car ownership. This is a new Android "feature".

D*mn. This sux. :(

Advertisement

2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    That's probably something I would report to Google as an issue. Not that it will help you in the short term, but it sounds like a relatively annoying "feature" to have to deal with on a regular basis.