1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Droid doesn't always "lock"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chillout, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Chillout

Chillout Well-Known Member

So really the only main gripe that I can find about my droid (have had it since just after Christmas this past year, is that when the screen goes to sleep it doesn't always lock.

I don't have the lock pattern activated, if I do activate it though the phone locks just fine like it's supposed too. Basically whenever the phone goes to sleep if I wake it back up again by hitting the button on the top, it will sometimes be locked and sometimes just open to the home screen. I would prefer it be locked with the basic, stock, slide to unlock feature.

I'm guessing there is an addon that is causing this intermittent issue but I can't say for sure, or is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? The screen timeout I use is 30 seconds.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!!

Advertisement

2. crinis

crinis New Member

Jan 6, 2011
    I just got a Samsung Transform (ECLAIRE 2.1) and it does the same thing.

When I first power it up, it locks correctly, but after several hours of being on, it stops locking when the screen goes blank or I hit the screen off/power button.

Were you ever able to find a resolution? I'd like it to always lock, too, without having to power cycle it every day.