• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid doesn't do...

That Moto Q commercial where the "Gods" drop it down from the heavens and someone catches it was a pretty sweet commercial IMO. It intrigued me enough to purchase one anyway. The WinMo on it sucks now but at the times it was pretty nice, the keyboard was much easier to use then the Droid's. It was sleek too.

I agree that was a sweet commercial. I did like how thin the phone was but that was about it.

Upvote 0
OK, let's see. Did the DROID win me over because of it's super-sexy computer-generated voice saying DROID in all the commercials? nope

Did the DROID win me over b/c it dissed on the iPhone? Nope

Did the DROID win me over b/c it was made by Motorola? Nope

Did the DROID win me over in any way, manner, fashion, or form b/c of the network that it is on? Nope - b/c I was already on VZW.

Did the DROID win me over b/c of its statistics, hardware and software capabilities, the fact that it is the first phone from VZW that I know of in a long time that has an untouched ROM straight from the manufacturer? YES!!!!!

Motorola had fallen by the wayside as a result of resting upon their laurels with the success of the RAZR, and the last thing they need to do is spend millions of $$$ on more advertising campaigns for a phone that sells itself.

I certainly don't judge a device by its commercials - b/c if I did, I'd already own an iPhone, computers from HP, cars made by GM, etc.

And neither should you. Screw the commercials - let the DROID show off the power of Android via word of mouth alone. That is how I found out about it and started researching about it - and that is why I made the intelligent choice I did in buying it.

Upvote 0
ok, let's see. Did the droid win me over because of it's super-sexy computer-generated voice saying droid in all the commercials? nope

did the droid win me over b/c it dissed on the iphone? nope

did the droid win me over b/c it was made by motorola? nope

did the droid win me over in any way, manner, fashion, or form b/c of the network that it is on? nope - b/c i was already on vzw.

Did the droid win me over b/c of its statistics, hardware and software capabilities, the fact that it is the first phone from vzw that i know of in a long time that has an untouched rom straight from the manufacturer? yes!!!!!

motorola had fallen by the wayside as a result of resting upon their laurels with the success of the razr, and the last thing they need to do is spend millions of $$$ on more advertising campaigns for a phone that sells itself.

i certainly don't judge a device by its commercials - b/c if i did, i'd already own an iphone, computers from hp, cars made by gm, etc.

And neither should you. Screw the commercials - let the droid show off the power of android via word of mouth alone. That is how i found out about it and started researching about it - and that is why i made the intelligent choice i did in buying it.

nuff said!

Upvote 0
Spending money on a new campaign and new commericals would be an epic marketing fail. Verizon needs to market their new phones. So does Motorola. The Droid's got the peak amount of sales per commercial its going to have. The money needs to be focused on new things that will attract people the Droid didn't. The iPhone is different. Apple only has 1 phone to advertise. So they can continue to spew propaganda on the same thing over and over again, regurgitating the same thing over and over again.

Case in point: the terrible garbarge called the Motorola RAZR that 90% of the United States owned.
The bad: that garbage that everyone owned left a foul taste in everyone's mouth about the once great Motorola.

i actually had zero problems with my razr and really enjoyed the phone. i found it to be very durable and reliable, considering i have an epic temper and the thing got chucked a time or two. it worked flawlessly until it got crushed at work.

Upvote 0
They are showing Droid commercials? I haven't seen one for over a month.

The only marketing for the Droid I see is there is this giant banner on the Verizon center that says "Bare Knuckled Bucket of Does" with a picture of the Droid in the background. I see this banner everyday on the way to work so maybe that is why I don't get bombarded with the commercials.

Upvote 0
Most people that had a Moto Q had 1 Moto Q. A lot of people that had the Moto RAZR had 3-5 different Moto RAZRs because they always broke. Every person I personally know that had a RAZR had at least 3 different ones, and it wasn't because they loved the phone so much they bought it again.

The Q wasn't Motorola's fault because of hardware. It was Motorola's fault for using Windows Mobile.

I had one Q9m for 3years, yeah the OS sucked, but the phone works. Now that I have the Droid my sisters using it after she dropped whatever LG crap she had in a puddle.
We still have a working Motorola Q also, just the battery lasts like 2 hrs. And that phone is like 5 years old.

I have heard many complaints about the Razr breaking easily. I however have not met (in person) one person who had that problem. Everyone I know who had a Razr still has the same one still working. My wife and I have had the same Razrs for three yrs.

Of course I sometimes think we just get lucky that way. We haven't had any of the problems with the BH2 that everyone else seems to be having either except the sd card issue.

Back on topic. I don't see the need for new commercials for what in the tech industry would be considered old news. The new phones will always get the advertising glory. Now if they upgrade or update the phone In some way then it would warrent a new ad spot. I can see it now a "Droid does know diddly" commercial.

By the way, Droid doesn't do laundry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones