• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Email Guru Needed...

Wally World

Android Expert
Dec 28, 2010
I am having email problems and wanted someones input who knows how the email works on the X.

I have a Gmail, Yahoo and Pacbell email accounts setup on my phone. Recently I have had problems with them receiving email. I would have email in each inbox-verified by desktop computer-but going into the inbox on my X it only showed old email. It doesn't seem to be syncing or pulling emails. So I hit the refresh button and after a while, the emails would sync. Now it has gotten to a point that hitting the sync button does nothing, the red circle just spins forever. Any ideas?

Things Tried-clear cache, pull battery, remove and reinstall accounts.

I was having so many issues with the stock email program not receiving emails that I gave up on it and downloaded K9 Email. It's been a while (like September?), so I can't remember how difficult the setup was.

I recently installed the 3.403 version, and it seems rather stable.

It has a lot of options, so you can configure just about anything...like font size for every item, color coding accounts, and having a different color blink on the LED based on which account receives the email. You can also set it to "delete from server" when you delete from phone.

k9mail - Project Hosting on Google Code

Upvote 0
I am having email problems and wanted someones input who knows how the email works on the X.

I have a Gmail, Yahoo and Pacbell email accounts setup on my phone. Recently I have had problems with them receiving email. I would have email in each inbox-verified by desktop computer-but going into the inbox on my X it only showed old email. It doesn't seem to be syncing or pulling emails. So I hit the refresh button and after a while, the emails would sync. Now it has gotten to a point that hitting the sync button does nothing, the red circle just spins forever. Any ideas?

Things Tried-clear cache, pull battery, remove and reinstall accounts.

K-9 is the way to go.

I'd call the Moto email app an abortion of a program, but to have an abortion there must first be conception and its rather obvious (after hours of banging my head) that the programmers had no conception of what they were doing.

Upvote 0
Please check this...

In a large blank spot on one of your home screens, push and hold till the menu comes up.
Touch Widgets
Scroll down and touch Power Control
That should add a widget to that home screen with 5 options.
From left to right...Wifi, Blutooth, GPS, Sync, and Brightness.
Make sure the Sync (circle arrows) is highlighted

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones