• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid eris messing up after update..

Mine has locked up twice on the lock screen. I've also had issues with the screen dimming and not getting brighter when I touch it. Verizon tech support emailed me back quickly today, and tried to call me, but I was at work. I have to call them back via a landline tomorrow. I have a feeling they're going to ask me to go to a Verizon store and trade it for a new one.

When I had problems with my Moto Droid, they let me keep the 16 gig sd card for my Eris! I have to make sure I keep this card!

Upvote 0
Is it just me or is everyone having the same issues... Ever scence the update on my Eris.. my phone Locks up on the lock screen it happend twice already.. anyone else having issues.. ( This never happend to me before the update)

Are you able to push on the menu key and get in? Not sure if you know but the lock screen changed after the update. You can no longer drag down from the upper side of the screen. You have to drag down starting at the gray strip to unlock the screen.

Jeff

Upvote 0
Are you able to push on the menu key and get in? Not sure if you know but the lock screen changed after the update. You can no longer drag down from the upper side of the screen. You have to drag down starting at the gray strip to unlock the screen.

Jeff

We're talking about a complete freeze up. You can't shut it off or do anything. The screen won't dim after 30 seconds or a minute. It completely locks up and the only remedy is a battery pull.

Upvote 0
I have also noticed a problem with my phone that i didnt notice before the update. I'm somehwat of a novice to the whole smart phone thing..so correct me if what im saying is ********, please. As of the last week or so, whenever i make an outgoing or take an incoming call the phone locks up and won't allow me to access it. The screen turns black and won't let me unlock it by pressing the end button. For instance i called someone today and they didn't answer...i hit the end key repeatedly, and then proceeded to hit every other DAMN key and it refused to respond to anything. I had to leave a silent voicemail and wait for the thing to hang up on me from inactivity. I have only noticed this happening during calls. Has anyone else experienced this? idk if its an option i can change, or if it is a glitch and i should take it back to the store. i have only had it for a couple weeks..

Upvote 0
Just a thought here, list of installed apps could help diagnose the problem. It is not uncommon for a(n) app(s) to cause issues on certain phones. I have one app, VVM, and have not experienced this problem. Coming from a TP2, I have seen many complaints from users experiencing problems that most others don't and it was found out the cause was an app that was not 100% compatible.

Upvote 0
I had very few problems before the update. Only a GPS that had my location wrong.

Now I have all kinds of problems and the GPS still doesn't work right. The phone locked up once and I couldn't even shut it off; I had to pull the battery. I have had several forced closes and it is running very slowly.

What in hell is going on??

Upvote 0
If you are having any issues after the update doing a factory reset is probably a good idea. I think a some of the 3rd party apps already installed don't work properly after the rom has changed unless they are reinstalled from scratch. You could either reinstall each app individually or backup your contacts and do a factory reset.

Upvote 0
Dont worry i did the full update i.e. 113mb package and this phone is worse. Starters unlock freeze also multiple push on screen no action. calls lock up no more push gmail. Finally have the battery lasting good but thats about it. Im going back to the storm1 F these phone upgrades not worth it imo. Im getting my money back. Eris was fun why it lasted but thats it.

Ok so I did a full factory reset that way if it continues then i know something is wrong. Lets see how this works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones