1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Droid Eris- SD card not mounting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Great1, May 19, 2010.

1. Great1

Great1 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Jersey
    Hi I have the Droid Eris 2.1 and today all of the sudden I cant save to my sd card. I can open it fine on the PC and drop files in it. The error says to make sure it is mounted correctly, i have done that and rebooted...any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. mc48

mc48 Android Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2010
    so. east, usa
    I haven't had a problem with most downloads to the SD card sicne 2.1 ota but i have noticed that I can't save backgrounds anymore from the Backgrounds app to my sd card like I could on 1.5 :( It says something about making sure I have a sd card inserted and that it is mounted.

edit: in another thread I saw solution from MsJulie saying to reinstall the app. I did this and now not having the problem with saving to sd card. Maybe look into reinstalling any app you are having a prob saving to sd from.

3. acyd

acyd Newbie

Jan 7, 2010
    Had the same problem the other day, Eris not recognizing the SD card inside. Restarting, battery pull, etc. did not help. What did was taking a friend's SD and putting it inside, which worked. After which, my original card was recognized again.

4. Great1

Great1 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Jersey
    MC48 that worked!! I uninstalled and reinstalled and was able to save the backgrounds...thanks for help!!

5. Thats

Thats That guy is This

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Air Force
    Fargo, ND
    I had this problem, and doing exactly what Acyd said worked perfect. Although I found out this way by chance. Goodluck everyone if you have problems like this.