• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Eris Startup Programs

irmac

Android Enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I've searched and could not find anything related to this but if their is go ahead and merge it.

When I boot my Eris, I have noticed many unneccesary programs open, some in which I never use at all...I found this information in Advanced Task Manager by the way.

How do I disable programs from starting up on my Droid Eris?

Thanks to anyone that replies in advance,
iRmac

I've searched and could not find anything related to this but if their is go ahead and merge it.

When I boot my Eris, I have noticed many unneccesary programs open, some in which I never use at all...I found this information in Advanced Task Manager by the way.

How do I disable programs from starting up on my Droid Eris?

Thanks to anyone that replies in advance,
iRmac

This is a good question. I've been wondering the same thing. There are many programs that boot on startup that I don't need and I'd hate to have to run a task killer everytime I turn on my phone.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
To my knowledge there isn't anything really out there for that. There are automatic task killers that will stop apps from running, but they tend to be battery killers.

Not sure which apps you are talking about, but I doubt they are slowing you down much. Moat of them are just hovering in the background waiting to launch and not really running.

Upvote 0
If you use advanced task manager free you can kill processes like footprints. I did it for a while but didn't notice much improvement in speed. I did find some apps that I rarely use like shopsavy had been starting themselves though so it was nice to be able to kick those to the curb.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones