• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid Experience?

MutantCheese

Android Expert
May 17, 2010
Edge of Insanity
Is there (or will there ever be) a ROM for the SF with more of the droid experience built it? Like, on my Dinc, there are just some subtle things that remind you that you are using Android. Example: When the unknown caller icon shows up on the Dinc it's the Android mascot, but on the SF it's a silhouette of a person (boring). I know we can alter the boot animation, but I rarely reboot my phone. Dammit if I could have the Dinc software on my SF hardware, I'd be in heaven (I use LP and Beautiful widgets and have it pretty close visually)

Is there (or will there ever be) a ROM for the SF with more of the droid experience built it? Like, on my Dinc, there are just some subtle things that remind you that you are using Android. Example: When the unknown caller icon shows up on the Dinc it's the Android mascot, but on the SF it's a silhouette of a person (boring). I know we can alter the boot animation, but I rarely reboot my phone. Dammit if I could have the Dinc software on my SF hardware, I'd be in heaven (I use LP and Beautiful widgets and have it pretty close visually)

i would almost guarntee that when the custom roms really start popping out (may not be until the mythical 2.2 day) the devs will put out more of what you are accustomed to in terms of android feeling roms. Any aosp rom (which we may see a 2.1 one from birdman/jt) uses the stock android dialer which has the droid as the contact and many custom roms would prolly replace the touchwiz one anyway. Also any aosp rom would have no trace of bing whatsoever.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones