• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

droid finish scratches to easily

Mine looks like I put it in a blender lol. My camera button and back look great though. One thing is the d-pad like a week in starting peeling away where it lights up and looks like a piece of the light is gone because it is black in spots now! I am very nice to my electronics and this is the first I have ever owned that showed such use. I dropped my storm on concrete a lot and never had issues like this.
:thinking:Huh? Not even in different paragraphs!

Upvote 0
:thinking:Huh? Not even in different paragraphs!

Different paragraphs??? That entry is not even long enough to be considered one paragraph? I guess I should clarify what I said? I am very nice to my electronics and used to have the storm (blackberry) and dropped it on concrete all the time and never had these scratching issues!!! I will rephrase if needed. Sorry for the pissed off response but I do not get why you need to critique things like my college English professor critiques our drafts.

Upvote 0
What the heck are you guys doing with your phones to chew it up so badly! I agree that scratches do happen, but it is what it is. Better than soft plastic and it gouging so easily.

+1

Totally agree, what do you all expect? Premium auto-quality primer, paint and clear coat to boot? It's metal with a layer of paint on top of it, it will get some scratches with time. With that said, mine is scratched only because I dropped the damn thing so many times already. It lives in my pocket and has no body protection. Considering what I already put it through, it has held up extremely well.

I'm going to get some nail polish or black auto touch up paint and fix it up a bit.

Upvote 0
I'll have to agree a bit about the finish.. when I dropped my phone in my wet driveway and stepped on it before I knew what happened.. well, I scratched some of the finish off in one corner. Whoopie-doo! It survived the rainy concrete and a 230lber standing on it.

:) Let your pocket change eat your phone, it would appear mine was made from Kevlar and Titanium!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones