• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Freezing Youtube

riffdex

Android Enthusiast
Jan 28, 2010
Whenever I try to log into my youtube account on my Droid, it freezes up. I will open the Youtube app, press menu and click My account. Then it has 2 choices: 1) My email address, 2) Add account. When I click on my email it freezes up and eventually the Droid gives me the option to "Force close" it, as it is not responding. I also tried "Add account" and typed in my email address (which had already shown up as the first choice) and password, and it said "authenticating" and then froze up too.

EDIT: Great... now to add on to my problems, I went to Settings>Accounts and sync and chose my hotmail account and clicked "Remove account" because I wanted to reset it and see if I could get it to work. Now when I try to add it back I get an error "unable to open connection to server". So now I don't have youtube acct or my email acct working on my Droid. Ridiculous...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones