• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help droid getting hot.

Tonight, I went to see a play. During the play, I used (for the 1st time) an app called "Buzz Off". It's supposed to automatically turn your phone OFF of vibrate once you move a pre-programmed distance. I also left the GPS on, which I never do unless I'm actually using the Navigator. Approx. 20 mins into the play I checked my DROID and it was getting really HOT. I shut off the GPS and killed "Buzz Off". Rebooted. All returned to normal.

Coincidence? I dunno...

Upvote 0
i have also noticed while holding the phone through regular use....browsing....music etc.....a certain level of warmth....its noticeable....but hard to say whether its through defect with the device....obviously with continued use and holding in the palm of your hand in the same position that you would expect it to get hot....but hard to say

Upvote 0
I have noticed it get warm when I'm going a lot of processor intensive stuff, but on several occasions I've noticed mine get *very* warm. A reboot seems to alleviate the problem, so I'm guessing its a runaway process or something. Also noticed when it does this that the battery doesn't charge (e.g. I attach the USB cable and it stays at 30% for hours).

Upvote 0
Tonight, I went to see a play. During the play, I used (for the 1st time) an app called "Buzz Off". It's supposed to automatically turn your phone OFF of vibrate once you move a pre-programmed distance. I also left the GPS on, which I never do unless I'm actually using the Navigator. Approx. 20 mins into the play I checked my DROID and it was getting really HOT. I shut off the GPS and killed "Buzz Off". Rebooted. All returned to normal.

Coincidence? I dunno...

I've accidentally hit the restart after 30 seconds instead of shut off in Waze. It will do the same thing. Gets freaking hot.

Upvote 0
I've owned two previous Motorola cell phone models where the battery would start to become very warm or hot just sitting in my pocket, then suddenly would no longer hold a charge. It was supposed to be related to the charging of the phone vs the battery. But I got fed up with returning the phones and getting replacements so i switched to a different brand. I did have some trepidation about buying another Motorola device because of this in the past. I sure hope it doesn't start occuring with this one as I generally like the Driod and its capabilities.

Upvote 0
Mine gets warm after I play Jewels for 45minutes, but really.. isn't there something more productive that my Droid should be doing? ;)

Same here. i was playing Jewels and a few other games for an hour or so and noticed my phone was quite warm. I checked the temp on my battery widget and i was upto 107*F and my battery percentage dropped about 20%. Either way its been damn cold here and the extra warmth is much appreciated

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones