• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid has got me thinking...

32gb 3GS (jailbroken) user here. I found a new love for my phone once I hacked it. I know a big rallying cry about the Berry and Android fans is that their phone do WAY more out of the box. After some lurking on here today, I'm discovering many people are "rooting" their phones, so us "jailbreakers" shouldn't get flamed anymore on these forums :)

That aside, I am a big-time Google services user (gmail, etc) as well as Apple but lately between wanting awesome sync capabilities with Google and spotty ATT service, I've been looking over into the "dark side." Hell, my SMS tones on my iPhone are a "Droid" SMS sound pack I'm using.

Anyway, I'm continuing my search as to the advantages of a Droid vs. a Jailbroken 3GS, not a "regular" iPhone. When its all said and done, the network will have something to do with it and possibly media. It's my understanding media syncing is easier with iTunes, but formats aren't a problem with Droid. I'd take some extra sync time anyday over format conversions.

Thanks to all who make this community what it is.

32gb 3GS (jailbroken) user here. I found a new love for my phone once I hacked it. I know a big rallying cry about the Berry and Android fans is that their phone do WAY more out of the box. After some lurking on here today, I'm discovering many people are "rooting" their phones, so us "jailbreakers" shouldn't get flamed anymore on these forums :)

That aside, I am a big-time Google services user (gmail, etc) as well as Apple but lately between wanting awesome sync capabilities with Google and spotty ATT service, I've been looking over into the "dark side." Hell, my SMS tones on my iPhone are a "Droid" SMS sound pack I'm using.

Anyway, I'm continuing my search as to the advantages of a Droid vs. a Jailbroken 3GS, not a "regular" iPhone. When its all said and done, the network will have something to do with it and possibly media. It's my understanding media syncing is easier with iTunes, but formats aren't a problem with Droid. I'd take some extra sync time anyday over format conversions.

Thanks to all who make this community what it is.

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0
Welcome to AF!
xmassmile.gif

I hope you had a good Christmas (If you celebrate it) and have a happy new year
rudolf.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones