1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Droid Incredible 2 Update Failure

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by circusatari, Aug 14, 2011.

1. circusatari

circusatari Lurker
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    There was an automatic firmware update today, and I had to make a phone call while I was getting the update. I lost service in the middle of the call and a couple of seconds later, my HTC Incredible 2 alerted me that the update had failed. I assumed the update would automatically restart at some point, but that has yet to happen.

After doing some research, I found out how to check for updates. I tried "Settings" > "Software Update" > "Check New", and, after flashing a "Checking for software" screen for a few seconds, nothing happened. Then, I took out the battery, rebooted, and tried "Check New" again to no avail.

Right now, under "Settings" > "Software Update" > "Status", my phone displays this, verbatim:

Source: Verizon Wireless
    Name:
    Code:501
    Date:08/14/11
    Time:3:17 PM
    Description:

I've never been in these settings, but all the blanks are kind of distressing. I have some new features which I assume are from the update ("Quick Settings" in notifications bar) but I still feel as though I should get a second opinion from some of you on whether I should be worried or not.

Thanks!

P.S. I don't know if this matters, but when I picked up my phone to make the call in the first place, it looked as though it was finishing a restart from having had already updated (i.e. restarting with a status bar displayed on the screen). After this, when it turned back on, it prompted me about an (another?) update and then the aforementioned failure happened.

Advertisement

2. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    Retired!
    SE PA
    Have you done a Factory data reset? It'll write off all the pictures, videos, mp3's and anything else not backed up on your SD or elsewhere. Still, I'd do that and then try to force a software update. If that doesn't work, call Verizon. From what you've said, though, I'd say your phone is in deep need of an outright replacement. Only VZW can help there.