1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Droid Incredible "Back To Stock" help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lumpyturdflakes, Nov 10, 2010.

1. lumpyturdflakes

lumpyturdflakes New Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Hello!

First off I would like to apologize if I placed this thread in the wrong section, I just was not sure where else to put it... Possibly in the all things root, but here it is.

Ok, my problem is that I would like to get my Droid Incredible back to 100% stock. I just was not happy with the rooted version. Probably because I do not know enough about it. But it just seemed to slow down my phone after a while ( I had added alot of apps tho).

First off I will tell you what I did to root it:

I used unrevoked (3) to root my phone. once i did that I downloaded ROM manager and installed a cyanogen rom. then i installed wireless tether (not sure if that was necessary to tell you but thought it may lead to a clue?) oh and I of course have clockworkmod on here too... bad news is i beleive i lost my recovery somewhere somehow.

i had the wireless tether working fine, and cyanogen too.

then here is where i got confused. i wanted to get back to stock just for peace of mind since I realized I am not really needing the root (other than I liked having wireless tether). I follow a few tutorials to get rid of root, but i still seem to be stuck. I used the PB310.img (or whatever it is really called) then I used some other update.zip to upgrade my baseband from 1x.. to 2x..

my main issue is that when i received my phone I had froyo 2.2 on it, but now after all this screwing around I just have 2.1 update-1 on it. I just want to get my phone back to the 2.2 unrooted, unmodded, unrommed, and just totally stock lol. oh and i cant get an OTA update for 2.2. one of the tutorials i used said that after installing the PB310.img (or whatever it is) it should automatically start updating. but my phone says its fully up to date, which i know is not true since i had 2.2 a few days ago haha

here is what my software information says (not sure what stock software information is supposed to say, i would assume there are many different stock versions)

FIRMWARE VERSION
    2.1-update1

BASEBAND VERSION

KERNEL VERSION
    2.6.29-2211329c
    htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

BUILD NUMBER
    1.36.605.0 CL203589 release-keys

SOFTWARE NUMBER

BROWSER VERSION
    WebKit 3.1

PRI VERSION
    1.50_002

PRL VERSION

ERI VERSION

that is what is under my software information tab. if anyone could help lead me to getting my phone back stock that would be super duper awesome. i have been struggling with this on my own in fear of asking for a few days...

also if you could tell me what from that list is not stock (if anything at all) that would be good.

thanks a ton!!!

lumpyturdflakes

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA