1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support droid incredible battery life is terrible

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by craby1925, Oct 8, 2010.

1. craby1925

craby1925 Member

Jul 15, 2010
    I have had my incredible for a month now, rooted, and my battery life is ridiculous. Consistently I can only get about 5 hours of life with about a half an hour of screen on. My settings are only active sync and auto brightness. I have an own battery and u occasionally use god, and WiFi if I'm on a charger. Maybe everyone has this but feedback is appreciated.

Advertisement

2. vandeec5

vandeec5 Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Get SetCPU and set profile.

SetCPU for Root Users

3. trankster

trankster Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    CPA
    Irvine, CA
    You should be able to do much better. Look in Tips and Tricks for things you can do to improve your battery life. I have used many of these, changed to the 1750 extended battery and installed the Juice Defender app. I probably have my screen on average 2 hours a day, plus get about 80 incoming emails. Not a big phone user though, maybe 2-3 short calls a day. Depending on how I use it, I am consistently getting a full day (12-18 hours) with 25-45% left when I recharge it over night. If all else fails, try another battery.

4. mrsbethyoung

mrsbethyoung Active Member

Jun 17, 2010
    You may want to go through your apps to be sure you don't have any that are keeping your phone awake even when the screen is off.

I know I had a battery life problem when I first got my phone but meebo paired with my google calendar sync (which was syncing literally 100% of the time my phone was on) was causing the issue. I stopped using meebo and turned off calendar sync and started getting more like 16 hours of battery with moderate use. I since have done a factory reset and that fixed the calendar issue. I'm not rooted, though, so there could be other issues as well stemming from that.