1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Droid Incredible Dubai

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by procrastination, Apr 16, 2010.

1. procrastination

Apr 12, 2010
    Hi,

Sorry for the dumb question. I asked this question in the N1 forum and I am pretty sure I know the answer for the Incredible too, but I wanted to make sure. I am currently holding out for a new Verizon device. My company is turning off our BB Server on the 30th of April so I am being pressed REALLY hard to pick out a new device.

I am planning a trip to Dubai later this year. A friend of mine told me that my Verizon phone will be worthless as soon as I leave the US. Is this true of the Droid Incredible?

Again, sorry if this is a dumb question and if this counts as a double post.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Yaksha

Yaksha Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Yes, that's correct, almost all Verizon phones can't be used outside the US.

There are a few exceptions, like the BlackBerry Storm, which you can put a SIM card into, but the Incredible won't have this option.

Your best bet if you're going to be there a while is to get a cheap phone with no contract that can take worldwide SIM cards.

3. procrastination

Apr 12, 2010
    Thanks - I found out yesterday that I will have a second phone which my company will forward all my calls to while I am there. No big deal.

The good news is that they approved my Droid Incredible purchase.

That is fantastic.