• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.::Droid Incredible Lounge::.

hi everyone..i got my phone and i am loving it! it is really fast, and so touch sensitive..ok so when i first got my phone i added facebook to my phone. i then added my contacts from back up assistant. then i linked my phone contacts with their facebook pic. i think when i added facebook it asked me if i wanted to snyc all my facebook contacts. i must have said yes because now on top of where it says "phone" i have tons of people from facebook that i do not want in my phone contacts. i contacted verzion, but what they suggested didn't work..any ideas?

Upvote 0
OK, I have to publicly admit my ignorance here. I didn't realize it was a setting down from the highest brightness. When I turned it up all the way the pink hue seemed to go away. :eek:

However, I still have to say the original Droid screen is much better. When you put them side by side the clarity and depth of detail in the original Droid is just amazing.

But, this thing is a bullet and after a few minutes of surfing on it I am now one happy Incredible owner. I can't believe how fast and smooth it is. I can overlook a bit of screen res for this! :D

keeping the brightness up will really drain the battery tho! :/

Any word one SGP screen protectors or extended batteries? This phone is soooo sick man I cannot get enough of it and how responsive it is!

Upvote 0
hi everyone..i got my phone and i am loving it! it is really fast, and so touch sensitive..ok so when i first got my phone i added facebook to my phone. i then added my contacts from back up assistant. then i linked my phone contacts with their facebook pic. i think when i added facebook it asked me if i wanted to snyc all my facebook contacts. i must have said yes because now on top of where it says "phone" i have tons of people from facebook that i do not want in my phone contacts. i contacted verzion, but what they suggested didn't work..any ideas?

when youre in the people app, hit menu, then view. You can unselect to view the FB people that werent in your contacts

Upvote 0

Yea, I hated it when that happened to. Only thing to really do from what I've found is delete the contacts from your contact list

Upvote 0

Remove FB account, try again

Upvote 0
ok dumb question..how do i do that? then i am gonna have to snyc up my contacts again right? i mean the people that i want in my phone ...

Settings->Accounts and Sync to see all accounts you have linked to the phone.. You will have to re-sync all FB contacts, but this time, only choose the ones you want

Upvote 0
Settings->Privacy

Stock app(s) installed on the ROM- can only remove w/ root

If you can upgrade 3/28/11, that puts your contract end date at 7/28/11 since you can upgrade 4 months early, which means you originally signed your contract and upgraded on 7/28/09, so your 1 year date would be 7/2/10

They should sync to your Gmail account

See ^^

As mentioned before, in music, set as ringtone, then edit ringtone to use Ringtone Trimmer

As mentioned before, N will be activated with a future SW update

Sure- Messages->Settings

PS. 200th post!!!!!!! Now to catch Steven58...... :p

Nope. If that was the case they should automatically come over like my contacts right? If there is another way to find them I would appreciate the info. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I mean this isn't just not as good. It's horrible. I live in a major metropolitan area and I have only seen more than two bars once! So far it hasn't seem to cause a real problem with call quality so I'm trying not to get too wrapped around the axle about it. There is something oddly reassuring about seeing full bars on your phone though.

Upvote 0
I mean this isn't just not as good. It's horrible. I live in a major metropolitan area and I have only seen more than two bars once! So far it hasn't seem to cause a real problem with call quality so I'm trying not to get too wrapped around the axle about it. There is something oddly reassuring about seeing full bars on your phone though.

Im in Chicago and your absolutely right, reception on the incredible is terrible...Mine almost always shows no bars. It works and I have not dropped a call but just doesnt show the reception...

Upvote 0
So is there Anyway to get your text messages or notifications to vibrate?

To make your phone to vibrate when you send and receive text messages and when you receives voice mail is to press menu->settings when you are in the text message application.

Mine was turned on by default, I had to turn it off - I don't like vibrate mode.

If you want to set vibrate for a notification, open the application that will produce the notification and press menu to see if there is a vibrate setting for it somewhere in the menu options displayed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones