• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.::Droid Incredible Lounge::.

I've installed a couple different browsers (dolphin, Opera, and the stock one) and I was wondering if there is a way when a website redirects you to its mobile site to force it to stay on the full feature site???

Been gathering info tips/hints since i ordered my incredible
Not my idea, have it pasted in evernote, don't rem from where, props to whoever this is from

-Open browser
-Type "about:debug" in the address bar - press "go" Nothing will happen, this will only enable more options in the menu
-go to menu -> more -> settings
-scroll down to "UAString"
-Select "desktop"

Upvote 0
I have a part-time job that requires me to clock in and out by calling an 800 number, entering an employee ID and then Pound (#), password then #, and...Well, I had this all set up on my BlackBerry. But it wasn't easy to figure out on the Incredible. When I entered the # after the number, the phone didn't enter it. Tried putting a comma before the #, pause (p) before it, still didn't do the #. Called HTC and they didn't know how to do it. Searched the web: Developers said that this had been broken in 2009.

I have the solution.
Format your auto number like this:

1-xxx-xxx-xxxx ,ppxxxx+#

In other words: follow the phone number by a space, a comma, and however many pauses you need. Then put in the code number, a Plus, and the Pound symbol.

I tested this and it works.

I'm using Speed Dial Old-School 'cause I like it.

Upvote 0
This is my first smart phone purchase and I am really impressed. It is super fast, nicely customizable and has a beautiful screen. So far I am enjoying the Android platform and learning how to use all of the features seems to come pretty easily. I have been a lifelong Verizon customer and have always been happy with their service/coverage. However, this phone seems to be struggling with reception. I am not concerned with how many bars it is showing as long as the call is not dropped which has not yet happened. My problem is with the call quality. It seems as though the person I am talking to fades in and out, almost as if noise canceling is taking effect on their phone and the first split second of what they are saying is cutoff. Also, there is some occasional crackling. Is anyone else experiencing this or similar problems? Is it possible to have that my phone might not have as good of reception as someone else's Incredible?

Lastly, does anyone have an opinion on the advanced task killer? I have been using it frequently and thought I read on another forum that it shouldn't be used.

Upvote 0
This is my first smart phone purchase and I am really impressed. It is super fast, nicely customizable and has a beautiful screen. So far I am enjoying the Android platform and learning how to use all of the features seems to come pretty easily. I have been a lifelong Verizon customer and have always been happy with their service/coverage. However, this phone seems to be struggling with reception. I am not concerned with how many bars it is showing as long as the call is not dropped which has not yet happened. My problem is with the call quality. It seems as though the person I am talking to fades in and out, almost as if noise canceling is taking effect on their phone and the first split second of what they are saying is cutoff. Also, there is some occasional crackling. Is anyone else experiencing this or similar problems? Is it possible to have that my phone might not have as good of reception as someone else's Incredible?

Lastly, does anyone have an opinion on the advanced task killer? I have been using it frequently and thought I read on another forum that it shouldn't be used.

be careful with task killer. if phone starts acting up, try removing it.

good luck.

Upvote 0
I really want this phone. But I rudely discovered yesterday that Verizon wanted me to pay the full $529.99. That's too much today, I'll continue to suffer with my Storm 9530.
My new-every-two doesn't kick in until 4/27/11. Not that it matters, I've heard it's only worth $50. ?

I'm just infuriated that I've been loyal to Verizon for 10 years, even brought my girlfriend (now wife) over from AT&T, I pay them nearly $2,000/year, and they want me to pay full retail $530?? Arghhhh!

So I wondered if anyone out there has any strategies to work around this?

(edit: adding, that I am a registered myverizon customer)

Upvote 0
I really want this phone. But I rudely discovered yesterday that Verizon wanted me to pay the full $529.99. That's too much today, I'll continue to suffer with my Storm 9530.
My new-every-two doesn't kick in until 4/27/11. Not that it matters, I've heard it's only worth $50. ?

I'm just infuriated that I've been loyal to Verizon for 10 years, even brought my girlfriend (now wife) over from AT&T, I pay them nearly $2,000/year, and they want me to pay full retail $530?? Arghhhh!

Well, if you're eligible for NE2 in a year, they should be able to give you an early upgrade. You'd get 2-year pricing in exchange for forfeiting your NE2 next year. I'm not sure why they didn't offer that up as an option. In fact, if you're registered for My Verizon, that is supposed to be one of the benefits, if your plan is over a certain $ per month (can't remember exact figure, but you said you pay almost $2k/year, so you'd qualify).

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Nope. If that was the case they should automatically come over like my contacts right? If there is another way to find them I would appreciate the info. Thanks!

Market->Downloads

I mean this isn't just not as good. It's horrible. I live in a major metropolitan area and I have only seen more than two bars once! So far it hasn't seem to cause a real problem with call quality so I'm trying not to get too wrapped around the axle about it. There is something oddly reassuring about seeing full bars on your phone though.

Im in Chicago and your absolutely right, reception on the incredible is terrible...Mine almost always shows no bars. It works and I have not dropped a call but just doesnt show the reception...

Ok guys, we know the phone doesnt display signal well.. Look up your signal strength in About Phone and it'll be fine
Love the phone, super nice and fast. I'm a beginner, does anyone know how to run you tube over a blue tooth ear piece?

The flash player is disappointing

Quality is terrible

I hope that the flash 10.1 update performs way better

What? Mine works perfectly fine, sure It doesnt display everything, but whatever it does display, it does without any problems.. Like on here, when someone posts a video, I can play it right from the browser now, while on the Droid, I could never do that

Does anyone know if using the LG Dare data cable will work? I understand you don't want to use the outlet adapter to charge the phone but what about using the cable for data.

Any micro cable should work fine

I've installed a couple different browsers (dolphin, Opera, and the stock one) and I was wondering if there is a way when a website redirects you to its mobile site to force it to stay on the full feature site???

In the Incs browser settings, you can turn mobile sites off..

Does every Incredible ship with music and pictures already loaded onto the phone? I just mounted my phone to my desktop to copy over some music....and looking at the disk i can see there are 7 folders of music in the MP3 folder as well as several pictures in the DCIM folder...
The music is dated april 17th and the pictures are Feb 8th...

You can delete these no problem

If you're the primary line, your annual upgrade should kick in on 8/27/10. I know its a ways off, but better than next year..

Reactions: dack70
Upvote 0
I was over at my local BB and they have the Incredible in stock. I've got about 6 mons left on my 2 yr existing contract, and a rep at the corporate store told me I only have to pay $20 more than the advertized 2-yr contract price on any phone and can take advantage of any rebate offers. Any downside to buying from BB as opposed to a corporate store? If I read the fine print correctly, BB gives you 30 days to return/exchange a smartphone but you have to *notify* them within 15 days. Always thought you got a full 30 days.

Upvote 0
Went to VZ yesterday, played with the demo and had the rep get me going. So as I'm paying for the Inc. he tells me that they are sold out! (3:30 pm) WTF! So he tells me that he will have it shipped over night with a free 2gb sd card as if he was doing me a favor(already knew this). So I go along and I remember from all the site that orders won't get here until May 4/7th. So I left the store waiting for Monday.....

But when I arrived home this afternoon, I saw the FedEx doortag! Grinning like a little kid, I went to pick it up at FedEx at 6pm. Got it charging as I type this waiting to get the ball rolling. So I'm really HAPPY now! Will post when I get it all set up.

Upvote 0
For those of you fortunate enough to have gotten your Incredible already, can you tell me if the screen is visible in outside in the sunlight.

This review says that it is hardly usable in the sunlight.

Droid Incredible Review Android Apps - The latest Android Apps

"Another complaint, this one valid, is that the screen does not do well in bright sunlight. If bright enough, visibility of the screen is reduced to nil. Until the exact locations of the onscreen buttons are memorized, it is possible to miss some calls in bright daylight."

Thanks

Upvote 0
how the heck do you set a custom alert-- like for voicemail, text, etc?

My battery life has been mint... charged it over night (12 hours) and i've been playing with it all day (thats what she...) and it still says half left? been on for 12 hours solid now.

hmmm did you take it off the charger, cause my battery life hasn't been too good.

Upvote 0

Change to the family plan if you haven't already, add a new line for 9.99/month, get your Incredible for $200, then cancel the original line when you can. or update it to a new phone next year.

Upvote 0
However, this phone seems to be struggling with reception. I am not concerned with how many bars it is showing as long as the call is not dropped which has not yet happened. My problem is with the call quality. It seems as though the person I am talking to fades in and out, almost as if noise canceling is taking effect on their phone and the first split second of what they are saying is cutoff. Also, there is some occasional crackling. Is anyone else experiencing this or similar problems? Is it possible to have that my phone might not have as good of reception as someone else's Incredible?

I have noticed the same thing. I love most things about this phone, but the actual phone reception just isn't that great. I have been on the phone twice today. Once the call dropped..a first for me. The other time I could barely make out what the other person was saying, and trying to walk around the house to find a better spot. I haven't had to deal with that before.

Upvote 0
For those of you fortunate enough to have gotten your Incredible already, can you tell me if the screen is visible in outside in the sunlight.

This review says that it is hardly usable in the sunlight.

Droid Incredible Review Android Apps - The latest Android Apps

"Another complaint, this one valid, is that the screen does not do well in bright sunlight. If bright enough, visibility of the screen is reduced to nil. Until the exact locations of the onscreen buttons are memorized, it is possible to miss some calls in bright daylight."

Thanks

I haven't had any problems using it in the sunlight... My friend thinks he has to turn the automatic screen adjust off for it to work more efficiently in direct sunlight. However, I haven't found any difference when compared to other phones I've used under the sun.

So buy the phone!!! You won't be mad at yourself; the pro's way outweigh the con's!! :)

Upvote 0
Love the phone and would never trade it but:
wish the trackpad could wake up or unlock the phone which i'm sure could be possible as the power button is hard to reach.
Signal has been 1 step lower than my omnia...not bad, just one step worse
No quick way to navigate to contacts at the end of my contact list without scrolling.
Love the screen but holly crap fingerprints
battery is less than stellar so far

If you press the search button while in the contact menu, you can type the name and it goes to it.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the 'wonderful' world of woefully inadequate batteries supplied with the phone. Been an ongoing problem with some of these HTC phones, better look into the extended battery when it's available.

So far this is the BEST battery I have ever had on a phone. First 2 days (and I really don't understand this) this thing has lasted 12 hours. I've been playing with the phone a lot and I live in MA... and not near a tower...

Upvote 0
Green LED just came on and I'm stoked to use it. I already know I'm going to feel like a nub with this thing, last phone was a venus and only other "comparable" phone was a Samsung BJ. Def adding these forums to favorites
Ha same here! I HATED the venus! All the chrome paint on the sides started to chip off and the plastic on the screen was peeling up! I never dropped the phone and I kept it in the cloth case it came with for the entire 2 years I had it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones