• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.::Droid Incredible Lounge::.

I really like the phone as is, what are the benefits of rooting? Especially since I have GB. Does overclocking help with the overall performance of the phone?
I can't answer to the Incredible 2, but in my experience, the Incredible's performance did not show enough gain to offset the additional drain on the battery. Instead of overclocking, I underclock my phone. At 768 MHz, I don't notice any performance hit in my everyday usage.

Upvote 0
Congrats BabyBlues! What ROM are you going to try? Personally, I'd reccommend SkyRaider as a first (and possibly last) custom ROM. The current version is 4.3 but that is just a patch upgrade from 4.2. You can't do too musch harm to your phone flashing ROMS, but be partilularly careful about flashing Radios.
What good roms are there with sense 2.1 and/or 3.0??? Thats what i want
popcorn.gif
Nothing to say. Just didn't want to
IMAG1014-1.jpg
keep scrolling up.
popcorn.gif
I forgot about this!! Just saw it for first time......
LOVE IT!!
And a repost to get it on the new page:D:D:D:D

I really like the phone as is, what are the benefits of rooting? Especially since I have GB. Does overclocking help with the overall performance of the phone?
Couldn't swear to it but not sure GB on inc 2 has root yet.....

Upvote 0
What good roms are there with sense 2.1 and/or 3.0??? Thats what i want

I forgot about this!! Just saw it for first time......
LOVE IT!!
And a repost to get it on the new page:D:D:D:D

Couldn't swear to it but not sure GB on inc 2 has root yet.....

Yeah I can though and you right if you updated to gb your out of luck for now... The exploit used by alpharevx was burried deep by the gb update

Upvote 0
OK gentlemen - where does skyraider come from?
Look here:
[ROM] SkyRaider Sense 4.3 [UPDATED: 7/18/11]
or in ROM Manager under Ihtfp69 - you will need to get both the SkyRaider Sense 4.2 Full Rom and the SkyRaider Sense 4.3 upgrade. Flash 4.2 first (do a full wipe prior to flashing), boot and set up your phone (at least your accounts), then flash 4.3 Upgrade without wiping.
The depths of developer heaven
Funny bbk ...
Is that code for xda? Lol.
yeppers my ladie
I don't know if it is available on XDA anymore Ihtfp is one of the devs that left XDA.

If you can't find it BabyBlues, I have the files and can set you up with links.

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
Look here:
[ROM] SkyRaider Sense 4.3 [UPDATED: 7/18/11]
or in ROM Manager under Ihtfp69 - you will need to get both the SkyRaider Sense 4.2 Full Rom and the SkyRaider Sense 4.3 upgrade. Flash 4.2 first (do a full wipe prior to flashing), boot and set up your phone (at least your accounts), then flash 4.3 Upgrade without wiping.

Funny bbk ...

I don't know if it is available on XDA anymore Ihtfp is one of the devs that left XDA.

If you can't find it BabyBlues, I have the files and can set you up with links.

Thanks Skorp! Tonight I am hoping to be home and able to play since last night's phone playing got delayed.

Upvote 0
Ewwww - the dreaded HoneyDo list!!!!

Yes, I'm about 40 minutes from Elizabeth.

Cool. I just stayed there in early June when I went to NY City. Kinda regretted it. Hotels were a LOT cheaper... but the convenience of staying right in NYC would have been better. Now I know for next time.

At least now I can say I've been to Jersey...(even though it was only to sleep)

Upvote 0
Cool. I just stayed there in early June when I went to NY City. Kinda regretted it. Hotels were a LOT cheaper... but the convenience of staying right in NYC would have been better. Now I know for next time.

At least now I can say I've been to Jersey...(even though it was only to sleep)

Yeah - it would have been easier staying in the city but the cost is ridiculous. Thankfully I live 20 minutes away from NYC and if I don't want to drive in I can take the train.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones