• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.::Droid Incredible Lounge::.

It's been down right ugly Musky. She died of an undetected blood clot that traveled to her lungs. Was quite sudden and naturally unexpected. She did not suffer beyond not being able to breath.. passing out and dying.
That is a blessing I guess. It's impossible to deal with. I'm not ready to die but it sure would have made a lot more sense if it had been me and not my child. ...enough of that.

My oldest daughter, Sarena, (who was named after her grandmother who was also named after her grandmother) was a bright personable person who lacked two weeks of being married twenty years.
Her husband is a good man and if my heart aches for anyone... it is him for he is absolutely devastated.
They were both quite successful professionals and had no family beyond a loved dog. She touched a lot of lives and left many great memories.

Upvote 0
Wise words brother. I've made it a point to not to squander any opportunities to hug my family and friends lately. You just never know. I am sorry to hear of your wife's passing. I know that must be impossible to cope with. I watched the big C take my mother. It took right at a year. You would never let a loved pet suffer like that. She was almost fifty. You take what is dealt and deal with it but sometimes it seems so unfair.

On a much lighter note, I've leased some river property with an old house on it this year. It is real close to home but seems a million miles away. At least once a month, the wife and I have been staying down there. More often than not, we have some friends or family down to stay with us. We've had a blast down there. Fishing is good... but mostly it's hanging out and swapping lies. Sitting around a big fire and drinking a brew or two. Huge cookouts and five start breakfasts are the norm. I wish I had done something like this years ago. Grand kids swimming in the river... collecting fossils, looking for deer sign..... NO TV.. NO INTERNET.
It's entertaining just to watch kids be kids... darned if they don't get the chance to be real kids at home anymore. Not like when we were tykes and had to use some imagination to be entertained. It's great!
Best money I've ever spent!

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Life... never makes it easy. A credit to all of you (us) who continue on, living and loving, not letting depression and hopelessness take hold...

It's had its ups and downs. How are you doing? Did nightangel make ComicCon thus year?

About the same here. Sure don't have anything to brag about but hey, I'm still here.
As for NightAngel, I don't think he went. I'm betting he'll let us know. He doesn't miss much in this thread.

@Musky I made it OF COURSE!! lol.
Brought wife and daughter this year, probably last time for daughter as she leaves for navy before next year.

Tried to see some actual vacation type stuff, couple lighthouses, that beach where the seals hang out.

Comic-Con was incredible, though I didn't spend as much time on convention floor as years past.

Reactions: Musky and olbriar
Upvote 0
108 is too hot. I don't mind the hot but this time of year, Kansas, has fairly high humidity. Like right now, it's 88 with 47% humidity. That adds up to misery. Late July and August will see temps regularly over 100 but the humidity will be way down. Meh, no biggie.

We had a mild winter too. Not much snow and not many days below freezing. I didn't mind the lack of slick roads but I would trade a few lousy commutes for a kill off of some of the insects. First year ever I've experienced a tick problem at my cabin. You can't get near the woods without those suckers latching onto you. I hate them!

Upvote 0
It's standard procedure to go outside armed with some mosquito repellent. It doesn't seem to slow the ticks down. In past years I've only experienced a couple of ticks. This spring I cleared out some woods. I was working for a couple of hours and gathered up a couple of dozen ticks in the process.
I've since heard of using sulfur as a preventative. I remember using sulfur dust with my grandfather as a child when we'd go fishing. I thought it was to ward off the chiggers. I might just have to invest in some if it works for ticks.

Upvote 0
Cool NA! Truthfully, we natives stay away from the part of town that ComicCon is in unless we have a ticket. The crowds are unbelievable. Maybe if I was younger, I might hit the parties. :)

I can understand that. Truthfully though, there is a ton of outside stuff that doesn't require anything. All the hotels surrounding have stuff, behind the convention center, etc. I've been lucky to volunteer each year, but I would probably still go and roam around outside. You can usually run into some famous people out side walking around.

Reactions: Musky
Upvote 0
Yeah, but judging from what happened last year, you might have to dodge traffic [emoji46]

San Diego is pushing to establish a permanent ComicCon "museum" that will be open year round. Looking forward to that!

Definitely some dodging going on ;)
We actually rented a car last time and hit up LaJolla. It was interesting driving in a new city after walking it past 4 years. I lucked out this year though, I got the Hard Rock hotel, right across the street. So excited for that!

Would love to see a SDCC museum.

Reactions: Musky
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones