• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.::Droid Incredible Lounge::.

for those that have their new Incredible - is there anything that you DON'T like about the phone?

Previously used an iPhone, and couldn't wait for the Incredible. My mom always said, "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything." So, here's the good:

This phone rocks. No lag running apps. Some lag while running background apps, downloading/installing a new app and scrolling thru an email. Amazing.

Colors are great, camera is great, good feel to the phone, not too bulky in my pocket. And I even have a choice of browsers.

And here's the bad:

Cheesy plastic backing for the battery cover/back-plate. Really? Seriously? It feels like it was made from a thinned-down tv-dinner tray.

The USB connection on the phone is not good at all. Definitely going to stop working over time, and I think we all know how frequently this phone needs to be charged. The cable feels like it is going to fall out when it is properly connected.

Battery life. Ouch. As someone mentioned, I had my BT off and was running the cell and wireless radios and you could almost literally watch the battery meter go down. That said, I live in an area with a weak cell signal, and I know the cell radio works overtime when it's searching for service.

Even so, this is hands-down the best phone I have ever owned. It's definitely leaps beyond the iPhone, in my opinion. And it's especiially suited to people interested in adjusting the slightest settings on their phones.

Upvote 0
I'm slowing plowing through my Incredible trying to get comfortable with it. It will take me a while, but I'm having fun. One thing I'm stuck on. I have loaded about 10 songs onto my card. I would like to make ringtones out of parts of a few of these songs. I recall someone saying there was a way to cut out the part you want to save as a ringtone. This feature was already on our Incredibles, but I don't know where to find it or what it's called.

By the way, I went to my local Verizon store this morning to see if I could swap the free 2 GB card that want sent to me for a phone charger. No dice! Oh well. I also see (maybe it's been reported already--I haven't been reading the forum much today because I'm playing with my new toy) that Amazon has the Incredible for $99. Yikes.

Upvote 0
so purchasing a 32 would be safe to do as im sure it will have the capability of recognizing a 32 in the near future... im assuming it would only read it as a 16 if i do pop it in...

It should work fine, look for the issue to be resolved when Android 2.2 is released (sometime in May is the rumor right now).

Reactions: muaki
Upvote 0
I'm slowing plowing through my Incredible trying to get comfortable with it. It will take me a while, but I'm having fun. One thing I'm stuck on. I have loaded about 10 songs onto my card. I would like to make ringtones out of parts of a few of these songs. I recall someone saying there was a way to cut out the part you want to save as a ringtone. This feature was already on our Incredibles, but I don't know where to find it or what it's called.

Check out an app called RingDroid. Haven't used it but it's free and I've heard works well for that exact purpose.

Upvote 0
the screen protector from vzw is so bad it's ridiculous. it feels so sticks and has a million bubbles. my zagg isn't here yet so i have to go a day or two with no protection. i'm petrified of getting a scratch. do you think it will scratch easily if i'm really careful though? did not activate yet and can't until my dad gets home since i don't know soc sec and such.

Upvote 0
Has had my incredible for a couple days. This phone is rocking the sh*t! ******ed fast and "so pertty" (said is best deliverance voice).

Sold my Droid for $230 and I kept the 16gb sd card. Guy who bought it works at a verizon reseller store.

If you have a droid to sell do it quickly. Prices are going to drop quickly once people see the incredible.

Upvote 0
Reactions: jbirgenheier
Upvote 0
AACKK! I haven't gotten that far yet (installing an app). I'm a real novice. Isn't there something on this phone that will do that for me already? Otherwise, I'll take the plunge and try RingDroid. Thanks!

Aha! So I found something in the stock software that may work for you. Pick a song and play it in the music app. Hit menu>set as ringtone>trim the ringtone....then it gives you the option to just select part of the song. hooray!

Upvote 0

download the app "ringdroid"
and you should be good to go

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones