• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.::Droid Incredible Lounge::.

Greetings everyone, I come from the distant past. Days when Montana Man, Steven 58, NKT, Anominac, and "Mystery Boxes" were all hot words. Hehe just joking, really though I used to be an avid follower of the old thread(http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/42916-official-htc-incredible-thread-97.html) and I just wanted to ask some things.
Like those who bought the Incredible, how do you like it now that you've spent time with it?
Something a little more blasphemous, I'm thinking of skipping this gen of the Incredible and hoping that the next one will have maybe better build quality(i've read in a few reviews that it's very plasticky feeling) and a front facing cam ala EVO 4g. Should I hold out? Verizon seems intent on getting rid of their Androids not long after launch.
I know there are quite a few HTC phones headed for Team Red, so I'm thinking I should wait.
Please don't flame me I seriously love the Incredible, I'm just trying to see what my options could be in the future.

Upvote 0
Greetings everyone, I come from the distant past. Days when Montana Man, Steven 58, NKT, Anominac, and "Mystery Boxes" were all hot words. Hehe just joking, really though I used to be an avid follower of the old thread(http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/42916-official-htc-incredible-thread-97.html) and I just wanted to ask some things.
Like those who bought the Incredible, how do you like it now that you've spent time with it?
Something a little more blasphemous, I'm thinking of skipping this gen of the Incredible and hoping that the next one will have maybe better build quality(i've read in a few reviews that it's very plasticky feeling) and a front facing cam ala EVO 4g. Should I hold out? Verizon seems intent on getting rid of their Androids not long after launch.
I know there are quite a few HTC phones headed for Team Red, so I'm thinking I should wait.
Please don't flame me I seriously love the Incredible, I'm just trying to see what my options could be in the future.

WOW! "I" was a "hot word!" Yeah, man! w00t! I "am" somebody! :) :)

Seriously, welcome back, bro! :) Weren't those great days! I think I posted over 2000 posts in that thread. Instead of punishing me, they made me a guide. Maybe that was the punishment? ;)

I bought the X and LOVED it! It's a fanTASTic phone. 59 days out, however, I gave it back for the Droid X, because I needed better in-call quality, which I now have with the X. I LOVE the Sense UI that's on the DI and have missed it, but have more than made up for it by rooting my DX and adding some wonderful programs that replace Sense. They are Beautiful Widgets, WidgetLocker and Launcher Pro Plus. Additionally, with root I can do amazing things with my phone.

Bottom line? You CAN'T go wrong with the DI or DX. The next gen will have 4g and a 10-15 dollar per month premium charge. MEH. Personally, I'm happy now as this gen is blazing fast and the hardware on both phones is top of the line.

Finally, if you wait 4-6 months, you'll always be waiting for the next generation of phone. You have to make a choice to get on the Android bandwagon at some point!

Welcome back! Don't be a stanger!

Steven

:) :) :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the warm welcoming! =]
And yes the people I listed up there(including you) definitely made major contributions and in some cases held together the peace in what seemed like a really volatile thread at times. I remember one night all hell broke loose after a few people went after MM and challenged his validity.

Anyway, thanks for the input on the Incredible. I'm so glad it came into fruition, because it was just such a huge step up from the Eris and in a way was it's true successor(Sense+Verizon). I'm really interested in picking up an Android, specifically a Sense enable one, soon as my financial situation recently got much better.
I'm thinking I'll hold out and like you said just jump on the next HTC/Verizon phone that is released. I hope it will be as beautiful as the Incredible is.

Once again, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm hoping to become a regular on this thread as details of a new and yet to be announced phone start to surface.

Upvote 0
Aren't we all? :thinking:
:pCome on now.... we shouldn't talk about that.....
Its a secret
omg so ive missed a lot guys... but football camp is over so i dont have to sleep in the schools gym and ill be home more and be in here more often...but ive missed you guys lol :p its good to be back
Welcome back yojoe!!
7k ...yeah, so what?
Is it lonely at the top?:rolleyes:

getting frustrated today...
How goes it Goat

Reactions: yojoe600
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones