1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Droid Incredible - microphone sound detection issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iploya, Jun 16, 2011.

1. iploya

iploya Android Enthusiast

Aug 25, 2010
    [This problem is on my Droid Incredible - I haven't identified if it is a hardware (e.g. mic) or software (sound processing) issue. This is the correct forum, even though I will talk about a few apps below.]

My problem is I have noticed an intermittent sound detection issue with my Dinc. It depends on the circumstances, but it seems like apps that use voice/sound detection sometimes have problems understanding me. Two examples that come to mind - Talking Tom and voice-to-text in Handcent.

Sometimes, in a controlled environment, these perform near flawlessly. Other times, in the same controlled environment, Handcent will completely misinterpret my words, and the other day Talking Tom would only pick up and respond to part of what I said.

I just tested the phone by calling from another phone. The mic seems to be working fine - I can hear what I am saying just fine thru the other phone.

Are there any known issues/solutions with poor mic reception or voice detection?

Advertisement

2. j13smiley

j13smiley Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 9, 2010
    ohio
    i've noticed occasionally it will sit there "processing" for a long time and finally error out. it also sometimes will stop recording as soon as i start to talk.

it's a nice feature when it works (talking to the gps for destination)... but mine is pretty buggy... :(